This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Harry DePonta Bone
October 9, 1939
|Died||July 13, 2018(aged 78)|
Early in his career Bone was a member of the Joe Ely Band. By the mid-1980s, Ponty Bone had formed his own band, Ponty Bone & the Squeezetones. The group's early style ranged through Russian gypsy dances, reggae-blues, Tex-Mex polkas and Cajun boogie. In 1987, the group made an appearance on the PBS music television program Austin City Limits, as part of a "Squeezebox Special" episode, with Queen Ida and Santiago Jiménez Jr. Longtime Squeezetones bassist Wash Hamilton died in early 2008.
- "Ponty Bone, masterful Texas accordion player, dies at 78 - Austin Music Source". Music.blog.austin360.com. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- Ruhlmann, William. "Ponty Bone Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- University, Texas Tech (1960). "La Ventana". 35.
- Squeezebox Special with Queen Ida, Santiago Jimenez, Jr. and Ponty Bone, Austin City Limits, 1987
- "Fantasize - Ponty Bone - Songs, Reviews, Credits - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Ponty Bone, masterful Texas accordion player, dies at 78 - Austin Music Source". Music.blog.mystatesman.com. Retrieved 14 July 2018.