Pony Express Region
The Pony Express Region is an area in northwestern Missouri. It takes its name from the Pony Express mail service based in Saint Joseph, Missouri. The Pony Express name is historically linked to St Joseph. It is often used to define the city or the St Joseph Metropolitan Area The term is often used for a wider area of northwestern Missouri between Kansas City and Iowa. Pony Express Lake, a Missouri Department of Conservation lake, is located east of St Joseph towards Interstate 35.
- McMillen, M.F. (1994). Paris, Tightwad, and Peculiar: Missouri Place Names. University of Missouri Press. p. 53. ISBN 9780826209726. Retrieved 2015-08-20.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20071026120728/http://www.stjomo.com/ponyexpressregion.htm. Archived from the original on October 26, 2007. Retrieved October 25, 2007. Missing or empty
- Aaron D. Moss. "eThemes - Missouri Regions: Pony Express". emints.org. Retrieved 2015-08-20.
- Missouri Prayer Mission
- "St. Charles Maps | View or Download City & Interstate Maps | Greater St. Charles Convention & Visitors Bureau". historicstcharles.com. Retrieved 2015-08-20.
- Northwest Region Fishing | Pony Express Lake
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|