Poocher Swamp Game Reserve
|Poocher Swamp Game Reserve|
Cannawigara, South Australia
|Nearest town or city||Bordertown|
|Established||14 November 1985|
|Area||77 hectares (190 acres)|
|Visitation||local use (no numbers stated) (in 1997)|
|Managing authorities||Department for Environment and Water|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Poocher Swamp Game Reserve is a protected area in the Australian state of South Australia located about 240 kilometres (150 miles) south-east of the state capital of Adelaide and about 8 kilometres (5.0 miles) west of the municipal seat of Bordertown in the locality of Cannawigara.
The game reserve consists of sections 12, 661 and 662 in the cadastral unit of the Hundred of Wirrega. It was proclaimed under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972 on 14 November 1985 in respect to sections 12 and 661 to provide “opportunities for hunting and other recreational activities.” On 16 March 1989, land in section 662 of the Hundred of Wirrega was added to the game reserve. As of 2018, it covered an area of 77 hectares (190 acres).
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (refer 'DETAIL' tab )". CAPAD 2016. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Search results for 'Poocher Swamp Game Reserve' with the following datasets selected – 'Suburbs and Localities', 'NPW and Conservation Boundaries', 'Roads' and 'Gazetteer'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- Abbott, R.K. (14 November 1985). "NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE ACT, 1972: SECTION 32 POOCHER SWAMP GAME RESERVE CONSTITUTED" (PDF). South Australian Government Gazette. South Australian Government. p. 1478. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "Protected Areas Information System Reserve List" (PDF). Government of South Australia. 9 March 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- South East Region, Natural Resources Group, DENR (1997), Aberdour and Mount Monster Conservation Parks, Desert Camp Conservation Reserve and Poocher Swamp Game Reserve Management Plans (PDF), Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), pp. 21–25, ISBN 0-7308-5820-0CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Keneally, Gavin (16 March 1989). "NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE ACT, 1972, SECTION 32 (2): POOCHER SWAMP GAME RESERVE—ALTERATION OF BOUNDARIES" (PDF). South Australian Government Gazette. South Australian Government. p. 771. Retrieved 28 April 2018.