|Born||24 February 1972|
|Occupation||Actress, producer, director|
|Spouse(s)||Manish Makhija (2003–2014) (separated)|
|Relatives||See Bhatt family|
|Family||Rahul Bhatt (brother)|
Alia Bhatt (Half sister)
Shaheen Bhatt(half sister)
Bhatt was born on 24 February 1972 to Mahesh Bhatt and Kiran Bhatt (born Loraine Bright). On her father's side, Bhatt is of predominately Gujarati descent and on her mother's side, she is of English, Scottish, Armenian, and Burmese ancestry. She is the step-daughter of Soni Razdan. She has a brother, Rahul Bhatt and half-sisters Shaheen and Alia Bhatt. Her cousins are Hitarth Bhat and Emraan Hashmi.
Bhatt made her acting debut at age 17, in 1989 with Daddy, a TV film directed by her father Mahesh Bhatt. In the film she portrayed a soul-searching teenage girl in an estranged relationship with her alcoholic father, played by actor Anupam Kher.
Her biggest solo hit and her big screen debut came with the musical hit Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991), which was a remake of the Oscar-winning Hollywood classic It Happened One Night. Pooja Bhatt appeared in many bold shoots like Stardust.
Her most well-known films in the 1990s included Sadak opposite Sanjay Dutt (1991), Junoon, Jaanam and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee opposite Rahul Roy, Sir (1993) and Guneghar (1995) opposite Atul Agnihotri, Tadipaar (1993) and Naaraaz (1994) opposite Mithun Chakraborty, Hum Dono opposite Rishi Kapoor, Angrakshak opposite Sunny Deol (1995), Chaahat opposite Shahrukh Khan (1996), Tamanna (1997), the super-hit and multi-starrer Border (1997) and Zakhm (1998), opposite Ajay Devgan. Bhatt has also acted in some popular hit regional Indian films.
Her last film appearance was in the English language film Everybody Says I'm Fine! in 2001. She has since focused on producing and directing. She made her directorial debut with Paap in 2004, starring John Abraham and Udita Goswami. Since then, she has made four more directorial ventures: Holiday (2006), Dhokha (2007), Kajraare (2010) and Jism 2 (2012).
Pooja is set to return to acting after almost two decades in Sadak 2, a sequel to the hit 1991 film. The film will see her and Sanjay Dutt reprising their roles from the original and her sister Alia Bhatt and Aditya Roy Kapur joining the cast. Her father will be returning to directing with this film after 20 years and it is set for release in 2020.
Awards and recognitions
|1991||Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year||Daddy||New Face Of The Year||Won|
|1997||National Film Award for Best Film on Other Social Issues||Tamanna||Best Film On Other Social Issues|
|1999||Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration||Zakhm||Best Feature Film On National Integration|
As an actress
|1991||Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin||Pooja Dharamchand|
|Saatwan Aasman||Pooja Malhotra|
|Junoon||Dr. Nita V. Chauhan|
|1993||Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee||Pooja|
|Chor Aur Chaand||Reema D. Seth|
|Hum Dono||Priyanka Surendra Gupta|
|1997||Tamanna||Tamanna Ali Sayed|
|1998||Yeh Aashiqui Meri||Anju|
|Kabhi Na Kabhi||Tina|
|2000||Yeh Pyar Hi To Hai|
|Sanam Teri Kasam||Seema Khanna|
|2001||Everybody Says I'm Fine!||Tanya|
As a crew member
|2002||Sur: The Melody of Life||Yes||No||No|
- AP/AFP/PTI/Agencies/Twitter/Movie stills. "Birthday Exclusive: Pooja Bhatt". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Pooja Bhatt photos: 50 best looking, hot and beautiful HQ and HD photos of Pooja Bhatt". The Indian Express.
- Bollywood Trade News Network (July 2007). "Tulip's one exciting girl to watch for!". GlamSham. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Jha, Subhash K (23 May 2013). "Pooja Bhatt auctions role for women's cause". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Bhatt, Pooja (21 November 2013). "My mother is Scottish, Burmese, Armenian, English. My father is half Brahmin, half Muslim & Soni is Half Kashmiri & half German". Twitter. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Bhatt, Pooja (13 August 2013). "Did you know my maternal great-grandmother was Burmese? I now have the chance to celebrate my roots. Come join me!". Twitter. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Pooja Bhatt: Lesser known facts | The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- "Pooja Bhatt poses in a black bikini for Stardust with actor like Sanjay Suri and other models wearing underwear".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pooja Bhatt.|