|Other names||VJ Pooja|
|Occupation||Actress, VJ, model|
Pooja Ramachandran is a South Indian film actress, VJ and model. After her studies, she participated in beauty pageants, winning the 'Miss Coimbatore 2004' title and was the runner up for Miss Kerala 2005. She then went on to become a VJ at SS Music before venturing into acting. Pooja is from Tamilnadu, born and raised in Bangalore. She entered as a wild card contestant in Telugu reality TV show Bigg Boss Telugu 2.
Pooja first featured in an advertisement when she was eight. Before the Miss Coimbatore title she had already done some assignments in Bangalore and Coimbatore. Pooja had also played a cameo in the Jayaram-Soundarya starrer Yathrakarude Sradhakku.
In February 2006, Pooja became a VJ at SS Music after she along with Anuj Gurwara, Purnima Maudgil and Gibran were selected as the winners out of 3000 contestants in SS Music's pan-India talent hunt show VJ Factor 2. She hosted shows like PCO, Gana Bajaana, Connect and Cinema Central. Later she hosted the show Ulagam Muzhuthum Paranthu Paranthu on Jaya TV. She was also a contestant in Anu Alavum Bayamillai becoming the winner of the first season, and acted in the thriller serial Kanchana, both on STAR Vijay.
After 2012, she became a full-time actress, signing feature films across Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam industries. She was seen in minor roles in the romantic comedy Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Yeppadi, its Telugu version Love Failure and the thriller Pizza in 2012. The following year, she played supporting roles in the Telugu film Swamy Ra Ra and the Malayalam films Lucky Star and D Company. With regard to her performance in Swamy Ra Ra, Sify called her "perfect", while Nowrunning.com's Veeyen in his review of Lucky Star wrote that she "deliver(s) (an) outstanding performance" and "brings in such astounding believability to her character of an NRI". Her first 2014 release, Adavi Kaachina Vennela, saw her playing a homemaker.
Pooja completed filming for the romantic drama Ore Nyabagam, which is reportedly India's first 2D high frame rate film. She is further more working on the suspense thriller Andhaghaaram, the horror-comedy Muni 3: Ganga, the romantic comedy Nanbenda and Swamy Ra Ra's Tamil remake Saamiyattam, while she also has been signed for two Telugu films.
|2012||Kadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Yeppadi||Cathy||Tamil|
|2013||Swamy Ra Ra||Bhanu||Telugu|
|2014||Adavi Kaachina Vennela||Telugu|
|2015||Puriyadha Anandam Puthithaga Arambam||Tamil|
|2016||Marala Telupana Priya||Telugu|
|2017||Devi Sri Prasad||Telugu|
- "Metro Plus Thiruvananthapuram / Music : Dial Spice for Pooja". The Hindu. 25 February 2006. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Metro Plus Coimbatore : Presenting Miss Coimbatore". The Hindu. 16 December 2004. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Tamil Nadu / Chennai News : Four new VJs join Southern Spice Music". The Hindu. 6 February 2006. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "VJ Pooja of SS Music meets winners Of 'PCO' Contest | Editorial-News Releases". Radioandmusic.com. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "SS Music attempts to grow 'younger' in its sixth year". Indiantelevision.com. 16 August 2006. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "The right mix of entertainment". Deccan Chronicle. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Cinema Plus / Telewatch : SERIALS". The Hindu. 31 July 2009. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 August 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- Oor Kaalan (23 July 2012). "'Kanchana' – A Thriller on Vijay TV! | Tamil Cinema News " KollyInsider". Kollyinsider.com. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Lucky Star Review - Malayalam Movie Lucky Star Review - nowrunning".
- "No more glamour roles for me : Pooja Ramachandran - Times of India".
- IANS (12 August 2014). "Blind role in 'Andhaghaaram' won't make audience empathetic: Vinoth Kishan" – via Business Standard.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 October 2014. Retrieved 10 October 2014.