|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Some of the notable shops in the village are a Tesco Extra, on the site of Heathcoat's textile factory; a Morrisons on the site of the Flamingo Ballroom; and a B&Q DIY Store, on the site of Holman's Climax factory. Local businesses include Pool Market, a weekend market stall operation; and Macsalvors which specialises in factory clearance and sells goods ranging from chandlery, building tools and material, new and used office furniture, etc.
Other facilities include Pool Health Centre; Carn Brea Leisure Centre (the first leisure centre in Cornwall to be run as a charitable trust); Heartlands, a 19-acre visitor attraction and World Heritage Site, based around South Crofty's Robinson's Shaft; and East Pool mine, another industrial heritage centre, consisting of one of the largest surviving Cornish beam engines at Taylor's Shaft, and a restored winding engine at Michell's Shaft.
The nearest railway stations are at Redruth and Camborne on the Cornish Main Line. Carn Brea railway station that closed to passengers in 1961 and freight in 1967 was the main depot of the West Cornwall Railway.
Major employers are Pool Industrial Estate, and the Pool Innovation Centre which opened in 2010 as part of regeneration work to stimulate economic growth and development in the heartlands of Cornwall.
Cornwall College's Camborne campus (formerly Camborne Technical College, or 'Tech') is based here; it provides A-Level, degree and adult education courses. Pool Academy (formerly Pool Business & Enterprise College, Pool Comprehensive School before that), provides education for the 11-16 age group. The Camborne School of Mines was based in the village from 1975 until 2004, before moving to the Exeter University's campus at Tremough, near Penryn, Cornwall.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pool, Cornwall.|
- "Official Maga Placenames list" (PDF). Magakernow.org.uk. November 2012. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Flamingo Ballroom". Archived from the original on 2013-01-01.
- "Pool Market Cornwall". Pool-market.net. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Macsalvors". Macsalvors.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Illogan". Genuki.org.uk. 2014-07-29. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Home". Carnbreaparishcouncil.gov.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Trevenson". Archived from the original on 2014-07-21.
- "Information about the doctors surgery opening hours, appointments, online prescriptions, health information". Poolhealthcentre.co.uk. 2015-05-22. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Trust". Carnbrealeisurecentre.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Camborne & Redruth with Portreath | Cornish Mining World Heritage Site". Cornish-mining.org.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Camborne Pool Redruth | Things to do in Cornwall". Heartlandscornwall.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "East Pool Mine - Visitor information". Nationaltrust.org. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- Oakley, M. (2009) Cornwall Railway Stations p.29. Dorset: Dovecote Press
- "Alphabetical Index" (PDF). Cornwallpublictransport.info. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Welcome to First in Devon, Cornwall & Mid Somerset | FirstGroup plc". Firstgroup.com. 2015-03-28. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Pool Industrial Estate, South West, , Industrial space units, To Let from Spencer Commercial Property". Spencerpropco.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Grow Your Business". Poolinnovationcentre.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Home". Westernunitedmines.com. 2013-06-26. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Cornwall College | Making learning work". Cornwall.ac.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Camborne School of Mines - Camborne School of Mines, University of Exeter". Emps.exeter.ac.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-01.