|Elevation||1,920 m (6,300 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Poombarai has 1,073 households with 2,251 males and 2,205 females. 
Poombarai is famous for its Poondu (garlic). Out of 1533 workers reporting, the means of livelihood are casual labour 841, subsistence cultivation 279, artisan 392, salary 10 and others 11.
Poombarai has 1 Panchayat Union primary school and 1 Government higher secondary School and Danish Nursery and Primary School Out of 1531 children 5–14 years old, 891 are working and not going to school, 136 are going to school and working and 504 are going to school and not working.
Kuzhanthai Velappar Temple
The Kuzhanthai Velappar Temple (Kulandai Velayudha Swami Tirukkovil) has three thousand years of history and was consecrated by his holiness Bhogar. The idol is made of Navabashanam. This temple comes under Pazhani Devasthanam. Every year Poombarai celebrates Ther Thiruvizha (car festival) for Lord Murga. It falls on Kettai nakshatra which comes after Thaip Poosam. Normally in Thai or Maasi month.
There is a forest Department rest house at Poombarai.
There is an Indian Digital Studio at Poombarai. There is a Govt Primary Health Centre located adjacent to Temple running since August 5,2016. There is an A1 Reality and Promoters at Poombarai.
- "Census India: Tamil Nadu villages, Poombarai". Census of India 2001. Government of India. 27 May 2002. p. 1. Retrieved 2008-10-15.
- Google Maps Terrain
- Government of Tamil Nadu, Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department, DISTRICT - DINDIGUL, BLOCK - KODAIKANAL, Panchayat Name - Poombari, MEANS OF LIVELIHOOD
- Government of Tamil Nadu, Department of School Education, Tamil Nadu Schools, Kodaikanal block, Poombari
- STATUS OF CHILDREN
- Arulmigu Dandayudhapani Swami Temple, Palani associated temples:Kulandai Velayudha Swami Tirukkovil
- The Orange Properties, Tourist Attraction, Kuzhanthai Velappar Kovil
- District Collectorate, Dindigul, National Informatics Centre KODAIKKANAL FOREST DIVISION
- BankLocations.in Poombari
- www.facebook.com. Missing or empty
- kodaisriayyappastours.com POOMBARAI VILLAGE TOUR
|This article related to a location in Dindigul district, Tamil Nadu, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|