3 November 1949
|Residence||Patna, Bihar, India|
Shatrughan Sinha (m. 1980)
Poonam Sinha (née Chandiramani; born 3 November 1949) is an Indian actress and fashion model. She acted in Hindi cinema under the screen name Komal in her early career. She was crowned Miss Young India in 1968. She worked in minor roles in Hindi movies, and has also produced two films.
The two later got married in 1980. The two had earlier met in a train compartment while traveling. After her marriage, she largely left her acting career to raise their children. After a long gap of thirty years, she starred in the film Jodhaa Akbar (2008) playing the role of Mallika Hamida Banu Begum - mother of Emperor Akbar, enacted by Hrithik Roshan, directed by noted film director Ashutosh Gowariker.
- Jigri Dost (1968)
- Aadmi Aur Insaan (1969)
- Aag Aur Daag (1970)
- Sabak (1973)
- Shaitaan (1974)
- Dil Diwana (1974)
- Dream Girl (1977)
- Mitr, My Friend (2002)
- Jodhaa Akbar (2008)
- As Producer
- Prem Geet (1981) (Associate Producer)
- Mera Dil Leke Dekho (2006)
- "Response is overwhelming, says Poonam Sinha". The Times of India. 5 May 2009. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Pradhan S. Bharati (12 June 2012), "It’s work first for Sonakshi", The Telegraph. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "Shatrughan Sinha: The role of a lifetimeTNN". The Times of India. 11 July 2002. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "I gave up films for my kids: Poonam Sinha". Yahoo Lifestyle. 25 Apr 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha's first wife Poonam performs Chhath". India Today. 20 November 2012.
- Lata Khubchandani (7 March 2008). "The women behind our heroes". Sify movies.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Poonam Sinha.|
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|