3 November 1949
|Residence||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Spouse(s)||Shatrughan Sinha (m. 1980)|
Poonam Sinha (née Chandiramani) is an Indian actress, who acted in Hindi cinema under screen name Komal in her early career. She is a former Miss Young India (1968) who has worked in minor roles in Hindi movies, and has also produced two films.
She was credited as Komal in Jigri Dost. She was cast with Shatrughan Sinha in the movie Sabak (1973). The two later got married in 1980. The two had earlier met in a train compartment while traveling. After her marriage, she largely left her acting career to raise their children. After a long gap of thirty years she starred in the film Jodha Akbar (2008) playing the role of Mallika Hamida Banu Begum - mother of Emperor Akbar enacted by Hrithik Roshan directed by noted film director Ashutosh Gowariker.
Personal life & family
She is the wife of actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha. She has MA degree in English from University of Bombay & rank holder in this degree. She is the mother of twin brothers actor Luv Sinha and Kush Sinha, and Hindi movie actress Sonakshi Sinha.
- Jigri Dost (1968)
- Aadmi Aur Insaan (1969)
- Aag Aur Daag (1970)
- Sabak (1973)
- Shaitaan (1974)
- Dil Diwana (1974)
- Dream Girl (1977)
- Mitr, My Friend (2002)
- Jodha Akbar (2008)
- As Producer
- Prem Geet (1981) (Associate Producer)
- Mera Dil Leke Dekho (2006)
- "Response is overwhelming, says Poonam Sinha". The Times of India. 5 May 2009. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Shatrughan Sinha: The role of a lifetimeTNN". The Times of India. 11 July 2002. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "I gave up films for my kids: Poonam Sinha". Yahoo Lifestyle. 25 Apr 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha's wife Poonam performs Chhath". India Today. 20 November 2012.
- Lata Khubchandani (7 March 2008). "The women behind our heroes". Sify movies.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Poonam Sinha.|
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|