|Directed by||J. Mahendran|
|Produced by||K. N. Lakshmanan|
|Screenplay by||J. Mahendran|
T. M. Samikannu
|Edited by||B. Lenin|
|9 May 1980|
Poottaatha Poottukkal (transl. Locks that don't lock) is a 1980 Indian Tamil-language drama film written and directed by J. Mahendran. It is an adaptation of the novel Uravugal by Ponneelan. The film's score and soundtrack are composed by Ilaiyaraaja. It stars Jayan and Charulata.
Fissures occur in a married couple's relationship when they are unable to conceive a child. The wife is later enamoured by a young man who gives her attention. What happens next forms the rest of the story.
- Jayan as Uppuli
- Charulata/Jayanthi Vijay as Kanniyamma
- Sunder Raj as Thyagu
- Archana as Velamma
- Idichapuli Selvaraj
- Master Haja Sheriff
- Samikannu as Kanniyamma's Father
- Rajasekhar as Uppuli's Brother
- G. Srinivasan
- Baby Anju
|1||"Vanna Vanna Poove"||S. Janaki||Panchu Arunachalam||4:27|
- Mahendran, J. (2013) . Cinemavum Naanum [Cinema and Me] (in Tamil). Karpagam Publications. p. 344.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- "மகேந்திரன் 25" [Mahendran 25]. Ananda Vikatan (in Tamil). 25 July 2014. Archived from the original on 7 May 2018. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "மகேந்திரன் இயக்கிய படங்கள்..." [Films directed by Mahendran]. Dinamani (in Tamil). 31 May 2011. Archived from the original on 7 May 2018. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- பொன்னீலன் (28 October 2017). "பொன்னீலனின் உலகம்: என் படைப்புகளும் எனக்குப் பிடித்த படைப்புகளும்." [The World of Ponneelan: My Works and My Favorite Works]. The Hindu (Tamil). Archived from the original on 6 November 2019. Retrieved 6 November 2019.
- Chander, Ram (19 June 2017). "5 Filmmaking Tropes of Mahendran". Film Companion. Archived from the original on 5 July 2018. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|