|Produced by||K. N. Lakshmanan|
|Edited by||B. Lenin|
Poottaatha Poottukkal (transl. Unlocked locks) is a 1980 Indian Tamil-language drama film written and directed by Mahendran. It is an adaptation of the novel Uravugal by Ponneelan. The film's score and soundtrack are composed by Ilaiyaraaja. It stars Jayan and Charulata.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (October 2021)
Fissures occur in a married couple's relationship when they are unable to conceive a child. The wife is later enamoured by a young man who gives her attention. What happens next forms the rest of the story.
- Jayan as Uppuli
- Charulata/Jayanthi Vijay as Kanniyamma
- Sunder Raj as Thyagu
- Archana as Velamma
- Idichapuli Selvaraj
- Master Haja Sheriff
- Samikannu as Kanniyamma's Father
- Rajasekhar as Uppuli's Brother
- G. Srinivasan
- Baby Anju
- Annadurai Kannadhasan as the village drunkard
- Anbalaya Prabhakaran as moorthy
|1||"Vanna Vanna Poove"||S. Janaki||Panchu Arunachalam||4:27|
- Mahendran (2013) . Cinemavum Naanum [Cinema and Me] (in Tamil). Karpagam Publications. p. 344.
- "மகேந்திரன் 25" [Mahendran 25]. Ananda Vikatan (in Tamil). 25 July 2014. Archived from the original on 7 May 2018. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "மகேந்திரன் இயக்கிய படங்கள்..." [Films directed by Mahendran]. Dinamani (in Tamil). 31 May 2011. Archived from the original on 7 May 2018. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- பொன்னீலன் (28 October 2017). "பொன்னீலனின் உலகம்: என் படைப்புகளும் எனக்குப் பிடித்த படைப்புகளும்." [The World of Ponneelan: My Works and My Favorite Works]. The Hindu (Tamil). Archived from the original on 6 November 2019. Retrieved 6 November 2019.
- Chander, Ram (19 June 2017). "5 Filmmaking Tropes of Mahendran". Film Companion. Archived from the original on 5 July 2018. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Poottaatha Poottukkal Tamil Film EP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Mossymart. Retrieved 31 March 2021.