|Directed by||J. Mahendran|
|Produced by||K. N. Lakshmanan|
|Screenplay by||J. Mahendran|
T. M. Samikannu
|Edited by||B. Lenin|
|9 May 1980|
Poottaatha Poottukkal (lit. Locks that don't lock) is a 1980 Indian Tamil-language drama film written and directed by J. Mahendran. It is an adaptation of the novel Uravugal by Ponneelan. The film's score and soundtrack are composed by Ilaiyaraaja. It stars Jayan and Charulata in the lead roles.
Fissures occur in a married couple's relationship when they are unable to conceive a child. The wife is later enamoured by a young man who gives her attention. What happens next forms the rest of the story.
- Jayan as Uppuli
- Charulata as Kanniyamma
- Sunder Raj as Thyagu
- Archana as Velamma
- Idichapuli Selvaraj
- Khaja Sharif
- T. M. Samikannu as Kanniyamma's Father
- Rajasekhar as Uppuli's Brother
- G. Srinivasan
- Baby Anju
|1||"Vanna Vanna Poove"||S. Janaki||Panchu Arunachalam||4:27|
- Mahendran, J. (2013) . Cinemavum Naanum [Cinema and Me] (in Tamil). Karpagam Publications. p. 344.
- "மகேந்திரன் 25". Ananda Vikatan (in Tamil). 25 July 2014. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "மகேந்திரன் இயக்கிய படங்கள்..." Dinamani (in Tamil). 31 May 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- Chander, Ram (19 June 2017). "5 Filmmaking Tropes of Mahendran". Film Companion. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|