Poovinu Puthiya Poonthennal
|Poovinnu Puthiya Poonthennal|
|Produced by||Navodaya Appachan[disambiguation needed]|
|Music by||Kannur Rajan|
Poovinnu Puthiya Poonthennal is a 1986 Malayalam film by Fazil starring Mammootty, Nadiya Moidu and Baby Sujitha. The film received critical acclaim and was a success at the box office. It was later remade in Tamil as Poovizhi Vasalile, in Telugu as Pasivadi Pranam, in Kannada as Aapadbandhava and in Hindi as Hatya. The three remakes each had a different ending. Sujitha also acted in the four remakes as the deaf and mute boy.
A deaf and mute boy (Baby Sujitha) witnesses his widowed mother being murdered by two men. Later, he escapes from them. Kiran (Mammootty) is an alcoholic who is not able to recover from the tragic death of his family. Kiran finds the boy when he is sleeping in the trash and adopts him, naming him Kittu, naming him after his son. Soon he meets Neetha and become close friends without knowing that she is Kittu's aunt. Kittu recognizes his mother's murderer in a bar along with their boss. The police discovers the body of his mother and Neetha realizes it is her sister's son. Kiran kills the murderers and finally he also faces death.
- Mammootty as Kiran
- Sujitha as Benny/Kittu
- Suresh Gopi as Suresh
- Nadiya Moidu as Neetha
- Thilakan as Chandrasekhara Menon/Neetha's father and Benny's grandfather
- Sukumari as Doctor
- Lalu Alex as Police Inspector Simon
- Babu Antony as Renji
- Jayalalita as Sathi/Annie/Benny's mother
- Maniyanpilla Raju as Alex
- NF Varghese as Man disguised as Benny's father
- Mini Arun as Lady disguised as Benny's mother
- Siddique as Man at priest's place
- Ajith Kollam as Gunda
|1||Aaro aaro aararo||K. J. Yesudas||Bichu Thirumala|
|2||Aaro aaro aararo||KS Chithra||Bichu Thirumala|
|3||Mounangalil ninte janmam||K. J. Yesudas||Bichu Thirumala|
|4||Nenjinullil||K. J. Yesudas, KS Chithra||Bichu Thirumala|
|5||Peeliyezhum veeshi vaa||K. J. Yesudas, KS Chithra, Chorus||Bichu Thirumala|
|6||Peeliyezhum veeshi vaa [F]||KS Chithra||Bichu Thirumala|
|7||Poove ponpoove||K. J. Yesudas||Bichu Thirumala|
- "Poovinu Puthiya Poonthennal". www.malayalachalachithram.com. Retrieved 2014-10-23.
- "Poovinu Puthiya Poonthennal". malayalasangeetham.info. Retrieved 2014-10-23.
- "Poovinu Puthiya Poonthennal". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 2014-10-23.
- "Babu Antony". babuantony.com. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
- "New films galore in Malayalam". rediff. 19 November 2010.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|