|Produced by||Lakshmi Priya Combines|
Gokula Krishnan (dialogues)
|Edited by||T. R. Sekhar|
Lakshmi Priya Combines
Poovizhi Vasalile (transl. Eye at the door) is a 1987 Indian Tamil suspense thriller film directed by Fazil, starring Sathyaraj, Sujitha and Karthika in lead roles, with Raghuvaran, Babu Antony, Nizhalgal Ravi, T. S. Raghavendra and Rajyalakshmi playing supporting roles. The film, produced by Lakshmi Priya Combines, had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja and was released on 14 January 1987. The film is a remake of Malayalam film Poovinu Puthiya Poonthennal.
The film received critical acclaim from the critics and went on screens for more than 23 weeks in cities such as Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai and Tiruchirappalli and completed 100 days in other parts as well, it went on to become one of the biggest commercial successes of 1987. The film has a certain cult following and has been noted for the villainous performance of Babu Antony and Raghuvaran.
A deaf-mute boy Benny (Sujitha) and his mother (Rajyalakshmi) witness a man getting killed by Anand (Raghuvaran) and Ranjith (Babu Antony). So the killers also killed the mother, but Benny manages to escape from them.
Jeeva (Sathyaraj) is an alcoholic who is not able to recover from the tragic death of his family. Jeeva finds Benny when he is sleeping in the trash and adopts him as Raja, naming him after his son. Soon, he meets Yamuna (Karthika) and becomes close friends without knowing that she is Raja's aunt. Raja recognizes his mother's murderer in a bar along with their boss.
First, the police arrest Jeeva for kidnapping Raja and for hiding his mother Stella, but the police discover Stella's body with Raja's help and Yamuna understands the boy is none other than her sister's son Benny. Thereafter, Anand and Ranjith kidnap Raja from Yamuna, so Jeeva kills the murderers and goes to jail.
- Sathyaraj as Jeeva
- Sujitha as Benny/Raja (Voice dubbed by Sreeja Ravi)
- Karthika as Yamuna (Voice dubbed by Durga)
- Raghuvaran as Anand
- Babu Antony as Ranjith
- Nizhalgal Ravi as Ravi, a police inspector
- T. S. Raghavendra as Viswanathan
- Rajyalakshmi as Ganga/Stella, Benny's mother
- Adoor Bhasi as Father Joseph Sebastian
- Sreenath as Micheal, Benny's father (guest appearance)
- Charle in a guest appearance
- Delhi Ganesh as Doctor (guest appearance)
- Chittan as Sakkarakatti
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film score and the soundtrack were composed by film composer Ilaiyaraaja. The soundtrack, released in 1986, features 6 tracks with lyrics written by Ilaiyaraaja, Gangai Amaran, Muthulingam and Kamakodiyan.
|1||"Aattam Ingey"||Malaysia Vasudevan, S. P. Sailaja||4:27|
|3||"Chinna Chinna Roja Poove"||K. J. Yesudas||4:29|
|4||"Oru Kiliyin" (male)||K. J. Yesudas||4:35|
|5||"Oru Kiliyin" (female)||K. S. Chithra||4:31|
|6||"Paattu Engae"||S. P Shailaja, Malaysia Vasudevan||4:27|
- "சாதனை புரிந்த தமிழ் படங்கள் – 318 – எஸ்.கணேஷ்". Dinamalar. 8 November 2017. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "The Top 10 Tamil Films On Children". Rediff.com. 27 June 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Sathyaraj to star in Rathakanneer remake". indiaglitz.com. 28 November 2006. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Fazil to return". indiaglitz.com. 8 October 2010. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Thiagarajan Kumararajas with a leading young star". indiaglitz.com. 28 May 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Kollywood's craze for Malayalam screenplays". Sify. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Poo Vizhi Vasalle - Illayaraja". thiraipaadal.com. Archived from the original on 6 January 2012. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Poovizhi Vaasalilae Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Find Tamil Movie Poovizhi Vasaliley". jointscene.com. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Poovizhi Vasalile : Tamil Movie". hummaa.com. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Poovizhi Vaasalile Songs". oosai.com. Archived from the original on 4 December 2011. Retrieved 30 December 2011.