|Headquarters||San Francisco 
|Available in||English, German, French|
POPSUGAR is an online media network of websites oriented toward a female audience with a YouTube channel and Pop TV series. The company was founded in 2006 by husband and wife team Brian and Lisa Sugar as a pop culture blog. 
Its flagship site, PopSugar.com, features celebrity news produced daily by a staff of in-house writers. The company publishes channels on such topics as shopping, beauty, fitness, entertainment, food, children, home and pets. It also runs a video production studio and a shopping search engine, which drive a mix of advertising and e-commerce revenue. As of June 2013, the network has over 20 million monthly unique visitors and is the 47th largest network of websites in the US.
In 2013, its target market is women 18 to 40. The site attracts more than 20 million users worldwide, 50 million live and on-demand video views per month, and has $500 million in annual retail revenue. In July 2013, Eileen Carty was named PopSugar's vice president of national ad sales.
In December 2013, PopSugar announced a $25 million traditional media (print and TV) advertisement campaign with the slogan of "We Search, We Find, We ShopStyle." Miranda Kerr is the spokesmodel, with a two-year contract, for the campaign. Terry Richardson photographed the print advertisement. Peter Glanz directed the TV advertisement.
Husband and wife team Brian Sugar and Lisa Sugar founded PopSugar, in 2006, after a suggestion by blogger Om Malik that Lisa turn her celebrity gossip hobby into a company. Brian became CEO, Lisa Editor in Chief, and they added venture capitalist Michael Moritz to the board.
In 2007, the company acquired ShopStyle, a fashion shopping search engine, followed by acquisitions of Starbrand Media, FreshGuide, and Circle of Moms in 2012. The company officially changed its name from Sugar Inc. to PopSugar in 2013, also announcing that it was profitable and had grown to over 250 employees.
- "Company Overview of PopSugar, Inc.". Bloomberg Business. Bloomberg. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Lisa and Brian Sugar of PopSugar: From Blog to Multimillion-Dollar Media Giant". Openforum. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "POPSUGAR CrunchBase Profile".
- "PopSugar Media Traffic by Quantcast".
- Lisa Lockwood (1 August 2013). "Eileen Carty Promoted at PopSugar". WWD. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- POPSUGAR Corporate website http://corp.popsugar.com/
- Strugatz, Rachel (13 December 2013). "Popsugar Signs Miranda Kerr". WWD. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Sequoia Goes PopSugar".
- "Sequoia Invests in Blog Network Sugar Publishing".
- "Sugar Publishing Acquires Social Shopping Site ShopStyle".
- "Sugar Publishing Acquires TV Shopper Starbrand Media".
- "Sugar Publishing Acquires FreshGuide".
- "Sugar Inc. Acquires Social Network And Community For Mothers Circle Of Moms".
- "PopSugar, a Web Site for Women, Gets a Makeover".