Pop (fashion magazine)
Kate Moss on one of two covers for Autumn 2006.
|Circulation||80,000+ per issue|
Pop is a British fashion magazine co-founded in 2000 by Ashley Heath and editor Katie Grand. The initial creative directors for the magazine were Lee Swillingham and Stuart Spalding. Pop is published bi-annually.
In 1999, the publishing house Emap enticed Grand to leave Dazed & Confused and invited her to work on the cult magazine The Face, as the magazine's official fashion director. At the same time Emap offered her a position as Editor-in- Chief of an as-yet unnamed new magazine. The first issue of Pop was launched in September 2000. Grand said that her main concept was that "it to be really jolly. And pink — I was obsessed with it being pink."
Pop relaunched in an online digital format as THEPOP.COM. and the first issue under new management was released on 1 September 2009. Dasha Zhukova was hired as editor-in-chief with Ashley Heath as the Editorial Director and David Girhammar as an editor.
On 1 September 2010 Britney Spears appeared on the cover of the magazine for her first time.
- "Roman Abramovich's girlfriend Dasha Zhukova takes reins at Pop magazine", The Telegraph, 28 February 2009
- Murray Healy, "Katie Grand: She's Popping Out", Hint Magazine, hintmag.com, 2004. Retrieved 17-06-2009.
- "Designer Swillingham goes pop in grand style", Creative Review, 01 September 2000. Retrieved 07-06-2009.
- Rachael Gallagher, "Mark Frith joins Katie Grand style magazine as consultant", The Press Gazette, 9 December 2008
- Caitlin Fitzsimmons, "Dasha Zhukova named editor-in-chief of Pop magazine", The Guardian, 27 February 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2009.
- "Acido Surtido / News". Acido Surtido. Retrieved 22 March 2010.