History and Sponsor
Pop Secret formerly sponsored an annual NASCAR race called the "Pop Secret Microwave Popcorn 400" at Rockingham Speedway in North Carolina, as well as the race it was replaced by in 2004, the "Pop Secret 500" at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California. Pop Secret created a variety of colored popcorn called Pop Qwiz [sic] in the early-1990s. Colors included yellow, blue, green, and a mystery bag with a surprise color. Pop Secret created the What's Your Pop Secret? Theatre, which showcased and supported independent film makers. Pop Secret continues to support Film Independent (FIND), a non profit organization that helps increase diversity in film making within the industry.
In 2014, Pop Secret introduced a pre-popped popcorn in a bag.
On September 15, 2015, it was announced that Pop Secret would become the official popcorn of the Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort, as well as becoming the title sponsor of the nighttime show Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World.
Pop Secret Mountain
A troupe of independent writers, film makers and animators created Pop Secret Mountain, which is a fan site devoted to the product. The site was panned by the advertising community as being blatantly corporate.
- Kanner, Bernice (11 January 1988). "Kernel Knowledge". New York Magazine. New York Media, LLC: 15. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
...General Mills came on strong in January 1986, when it introduced Pop Secret.
- Pop Quiz article and video
- What's Your Pop Secret? Theatre Archived 2007-07-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- FIND (Film Independent)
- Pedicini, Sandra. "Pop Secret becomes Disney's official popcorn". orlandosentinel.com. Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- Pop Secret Mountain
- Adfreak: What’s the deal with Pop Secret Mountain?
- Adland: Popsecret "fan site" created by professionals
- Adrants: Pop Secret's CGM Project Not So Secret
|This brand-name food or drink product–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|