Pop That Thang
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Pop That Thang"|
|Single by The Isley Brothers|
|from the album Brother, Brother, Brother|
|Producer(s)||The Isley Brothers|
"Pop That Thang" is a 1972 funk song released by The Isley Brothers on their T-Neck imprint. Co-written by the three Isley brothers: O'Kelly, Rudolph and Ronald, Howard Kelly and Clive Otis, the song is an uptempo dance number that was featured on the group's 1972 album, Brother, Brother, Brother. A successful record, it reached #3 on the national R&B charts and #24 on the pop singles chart. Billboard ranked it as the No. 100 song for 1972.
- Ronald Isley: lead vocals
- O'Kelly Isley, Jr. and Rudolph Isley: background vocals
- Ernie Isley: guitar, drums
- Marvin Isley: bass
- Chris Jasper: piano, keyboards
- Produced by The Isley Brothers
- "Brother, Brother, Brother > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles" at AllMusic. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1972
|This 1970s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|