This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cover of the first collection
|No. of issues||4|
|Editor(s)||Mark Andrew Smith
Adam P. Knave
Popgun is a comics anthology series created by Mark Andrew Smith and Joe Keatinge. It was published by American company Image Comics in four volumes, between 2007 and 2010. The driving concept behind Popgun was a mixtape of graphic short stories that cross the borders of all genres. No theme was given to contributors and instead emphasis is placed on diversity of content and the mixing/track order of each volume.
Popgun featured many well-known creators as well as showcased brand-new talent who were not widely known at the time. Many creators debuting in Popgun have since made their mark on the comics industry. Popgun twice won the Harvey Award for best anthology, and won the Eisner Award Best Anthology once.
Popgun volume 3 was released March, 2009, featuring a cover by Tara McPherson. It was edited by Mark Andrew Smith and D.J. Kirkbride.
Popgun volume 4 was released in February 2010. It featured a cover by Ben Templesmith and was edited by D.J. Kirkbride, Anthony Wu, and Adam P. Knave.
- 2008: Popgun vol. 1 — Harvey Award for Best Anthology
- 2009: Popgun vol. 2 — Harvey Award for Best Anthology (nomination)
- 2011: Popgun vol. 4 — Harvey Award for Best Anthology
- Popgun Volume One: ISBN 1-58240-824-6
- Popgun Volume Two: ISBN 1-58240-920-X
- Popgun Volume Three: ISBN 1-58240-974-9
- Popgun Volume Four: ISBN 1-60706-188-0
- Image's Popgun Volume 1, Newsarama
- "POPGUN" - The Ultimate Comics Mixtape, Comic Book Resources, September 27, 2007
- NYCC EXCLUSIVE: Paul Pope Covers PopGun 2, Comic Book Resources, April 19, 2008
- Harvey Awards, HARVEY AWARDS NOMINATION: "Best Anthology: Popgun Volume One", Harvey Awards
- PopGun Wins The Harvey Award for Best Anthology. Publishers Weekly, September 28, 2008
- Newsarama Staff. "Diamond Announces 2009 GEM AWARD Nominees," Newsarama (04 January 2010).
- Joe Keatinge on editing the Popgun Anthology, World Famous Comics
- Exclusive Comics Excerpt: ‘Popgun’, New York Magazine
- COMIC BOOK RESOURCES: Smith & Kirkbride Fire Off "Popgun" Vol. 3, Comic Book Resources, March 23, 2009
- ROBOT 6: "Talking Comics with Tim: Popgun editors Smith & Kirkbride, April 6, 2009
- Newsarama: "3 Volumes' the Charm for Image Comics' 'Popgun'", April 6, 2009
- USA TODAY'S POPCANDY BLOG: "Popgun a Graphic Mixtape", April 1, 2009