Poppleton (book series)
Poppleton is the main character in a series of children's books written by American author Cynthia Rylant. The stories follow a pig named Poppleton who moves from the city to a small town and enjoys humorous adventures with his friends and neighbors. This series is marketed to children ages 5 to 9. Poppleton was the mascot for American Library Association's 1997 reading campaign.
- Poppleton - A pig who has recently moved to the country from the city
- Cherry Sue- A llama who lives next door to Poppleton and appears more frequently than any other minor character
- Filmore- A goat who is Poppleton's neighbor.
- Hudson- A mouse that is living close by to Poppleton.
- Zacko- A ferret who is Poppleton's friend and works at a coat store.
- Marsha- Poppleton's friend who works at a bike store.
- Gus- A turtle who is the mail carrier
- Patrick- A finch who inadvertently knocked down Poppleton's icicles. Poppleton was gravely dismayed but Patrick had the ingenious idea to build something with the icicles. After all their hardwork, they enjoyed a candlelit dinner together.
Books in the series
All published by Blue Sky Press
- Poppleton (1997). ISBN 0-590-84783-X.
- Poppleton And Friends (1997). ISBN 0-590-84788-0.
- Poppleton Forever (1998). ISBN 0-590-84844-5.
- Poppleton Everyday (1998). ISBN 0-590-84853-4.
- Poppleton In Fall (1999). ISBN 0-590-84794-5.
- Poppleton In Spring (1999). ISBN 0-590-84822-4.
- Poppleton Has Fun (2000). ISBN 0-590-84841-0.
- Poppleton In Winter (2001). ISBN 0-590-84838-0.
- "Poppleton". Publishers Weekly. 1997-03-03. Retrieved 2014-07-01.
- Manning, P 2001, 'Poppleton in Winter (Book Review)', School Library Journal, 47, 10, p. 130, Academic Search Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 1 July 2014.
- Sherman, D 1998, 'Poppleton Forever', School Library Journal, 44, 10, p. 113, MasterFILE Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 1 July 2014.
- Glantz, S 1998, 'Fiction', Library Talk, 11, 4, p. 41, Computer Source, EBSCOhost, viewed 1 July 2014.
|This article about a children's book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|