From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Popular election or popular vote may refer to:
- Any election in a democracy
- An election taking place under universal suffrage
- Direct popular election, an election in which people vote directly for the candidate that they want
- Popular vote, in an indirect election, the total number of votes received in the first-phase election, as opposed to the votes cast by those elected to take part in the final election
- Popular vote (representative democracy), in representative democracy, the total number of votes received by a party or group of candidates, as opposed to the number of seats it wins in the representative assembly
- Referendum, or plebiscite, a direct vote in which an entire electorate is asked to vote on a particular proposal
- Straw poll, an ad hoc or unofficial vote
- Popularity contest, pejorative
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Popular election.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.