From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||The present disambiguation page holds the title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. It is believed to qualify as a broad-concept article. It may be written directly at this page, or drafted elsewhere then moved over here. Related titles should be described in Popular election, while unrelated titles should be moved to Popular election (disambiguation).||
Popular election or popular vote may refer to:
- Universal suffrage as distinct from restricted suffrage
- Direct election as distinct from indirect election
- Popular vote, in an indirect election, is the number votes received in the first-phase election (if this is by universal suffrage) as opposed to the final election
- Popular vote, in representative democracy, is the number of votes received by a party or group of candidates, as opposed to the number of seats it wins in the representative assembly
- Popularity contest, pejorative
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Popular election.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.