|Produced by||M. Sasikumar|
|Music by||Sundar C Babu|
|Cinematography||S. R. Kathir|
|Edited by||A. L. Ramesh|
Poraali (Tamil: போராளி; English : The Warrior) is a 2011 Indian Tamil action thriller film written and directed by Samuthirakani, starring M. Sasikumar in the lead role. The film, also featuring Telugu actors Allari Naresh and Swati Reddy alongside Niveda Thomas, Vasundhara, Soori and Ganja Karuppu in pivotal roles, released on 1 December 2011. Poraali illustrates an astute fighter who can take on a large, greedy group. The film was dubbed in Telugu as Sangharshana  and remade in Kannada as Yaare Koogadali.
The story begins on a rainy night when Ilangkumaran (Sasikumar) and Nallavan (Allari Naresh) escape from somewhere and enter Chennai with their past actions unclear. They settle at Pulikutti's (Ganja Karuppu) residence and find jobs in a petrol bunk. Bharathi (Swathi) comes into Kumaran's life. Her initial wrong belief about him changes as soon as she knows his kindheartedness. Soon, love blooms between them. Kumaran, along with his friends, starts a venture, which grows fast. This makes Pulikutti give an advertisement in a magazine with their photo. Then comes a group chasing for Kumaran and his friends. Within a few minutes, Pichai (Soori), a friend of Kumaran, arrives in Chennai and shares some news. Kumaran's old life is shown in the second half, and it is revealed that he is persuaded to be mentally ill because of his father and stepmother's desire for wealth. The film comes to an end after many interesting twists.
- M. Sasikumar as Ilangkumaran
- Allari Naresh as Nallavan
- Swati Reddy as Bharathi
- Niveda Thomas as Thamizhselvi
- Vasundhara Kashyap as Maari
- Soori as Pichai
- Ganja Karuppu as Pulikutti
- Sandra Amy as Shanthi
- Jayaprakash as Doctor
- G. Gnanasambandam as House Owner
- Badava Gopi as Ground Floor Tenant
- Namo Narayana
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||6 November 2011|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Length||20.36 / 19:27|
|Language||Tamil / Telugu|
|Label||Vega Music |
|Producer||Sundar C Babu|
|Sundar C Babu chronology|
The soundtrack is scored by Sundar C Babu.
|1.||"Vithiya Potri"||Yugabharathi||M. Sasikumar, Samuthirakani||2.33|
|2.||"Yaar Ivan"||Na. Muthukumar||Shankar Mahadevan||5.06|
|3.||"Vedi Podu" (Male)||Kabilan||Velmurugan & Thanjai Selvi||3.36|
|4.||"Yaar Ivan" (Female)||Na. Muthukumar||Chinmayi||4.39|
|6.||"Vegamaai Adhivegamaai" (Instrumental)||2.38|
|1.||"Gham Gham Ganapathy"||Vennelakanti||Khushi Murali||2:11|
|2.||"Thodagotti Levaraa"||Chandrabose||Hanuman, M. M. Srilekha||3:35|
|3.||"Yevvaro Yevarithado" (Male)||Chandrabose||Shankar Mahadevan||5:03|
|4.||"Yevvaro Yevarithado" (Female)||Chandrabose||Binni Krishnakumar||4:38|
|6.||"Sangharshana Theme" (Instrumental)||2:28|
Poraali generally opened to positive reviews. Pavithra Srinivasan of Rediff gave the film 3 out of 5, saying that "Poraali is worth a watch". Indiaglitz stated that "Poraali provides sparkling moments that will linger in our hearts."  A critic from filmics wrote that "Porali is definitely an enjoyable entertainer with a big message."  Anupama Subramanian of Deccan Chronicle said "Script triumphs after the struggle"  Sify rated the film 4/5 stating that "Poraali has its heart in the right place, and Sasikumar’s charismatic, alluring appeal lifts this film considerably."  A critic from Top10cinema wrote that "Poraali has multiple issues running horizontally with the main plot laced in the second half."  According to NDTV "Samudrakani manages to get his grip back on the narration, knotting it all up into a fairly engaging whole."  Selena of Cini.in gave it 4.2 out of 5 and calling "A nice movie with a powerful message narrated with the Samudrakani flavour."  Supergoodmovies gave 3/5 and said "There are many interesting things to watch out in Porali."  On the contrary, Rohit Ramachandran of Nowrunning.com rated it 2/5 calling the movie "A vague experience" Behindwoods also rated it 2 star stating that "This earnest Porali needed more power." According to IBNLive "Porali lacks finesse and reason".
- "Poraali To Strike On December 1st". Behindwoods. 19 November 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Samuthirakani's Poraali Gets Its Leading Lady!". Behindwoods. 4 May 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Sasikumar picks Swathi again". IndiaGlitz. 23 April 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Allari Naresh's Sangharshana - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Review: Poraali is worth a watch". Rediff. 1 December 2011. Retrieved 1 December 2011.
- "Poraali - Man with a mission". Indiaglitz. 2 December 2011. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "'Porali' – Movie Review". filmics. Retrieved 2 December 2011.
- "Poraali review: Script triumphs after the struggle". Deccan Chronicle. 4 December 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- "Movie Review:Poraali". Sify. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Poraali | Movie Review". Top 10 Cinema. 2 December 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Review: Poraali". NDTV. 3 December 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- "Porali Movie Review". Cini.in. 1 December 2011. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- "Porali Movie Review". Supergoodmovies. 1 December 2011. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- Rohit Ramachandran (1 December 2011). "Porali Review". Nowrunning.com. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Poraali Review". Behindwoods. 1 December 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2012.