This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||145 m (476 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Godda|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Poreyahat|
Poraiyahat is a small town in the north-east part of the state of Jharkhand.It shares its border with the state of Bihar.It is one of the vidhan sabha constituencies of Jharkhand.The town is well known for its quality education. It is the educational hub of the district.
Poraiyahat is located near the Jharkhand-Bihar border.
The town has six zones: first, River zone which included Gyaytrinagar, second, Purana Bazar old Poreyahat, and Shiv colony, third, Main Road where a market, Community Govt big Hospital,daily vegetables & fish market, bus station and a few banks(SBI,BOI,Bandhan,Allahabad,Canara,Gramin Bank) are located, four, the zone is around Bhanjhi Road which is the second market zone with wholesale business, fifth, is Danre Road and it is a coaching and student friendly area, and sixth, hospital area which has a private hospital, Mary Hospital, and Govt CHC Hospital.Adani Power Plant and Jindal Power Plant in Poreyahat CD Block.Jharkhand Government should make Poreyahat as subdivision as it will be helpful for poor people to gets their job done .
This will reate better employment opportunity for Block people as economy is mainly dependent on Agriculture.
As per the 2011 Census of India Poraiyahat had a total population of 187,489 of which 95,814 were males and 91,675 were females. The average sex ratio of poraiyahat block is 957.The total literacy rate of poraiyahat block is 56.33%.The male literacy rate is 57.64% and the female literacy rate is 35.52%.
The Deoghar-Godda-Pirpainti NH 133 passes through Poraiyahat. This national highway connects to the Farakka-Arwal NH 33 at Pirpainti. There is a road from Poraiyahat to Danre which takes to Bhagalpur & There is a road for Dumka state sub capital., NHAI is approved for Poraiyahat bypass road .
There are various good schools in Poreyahat with Hostel Facilities. Most of Godda District Topper comes from Poreyahat or Godda.
1. St. Francis High School,Poraiyahat
2. St. Francis Middle School,Poraiyahat
3. Mount Assisi School Convent(Icse),Poraiyahat
4. Holy Family Girl School, Poreyahat
5. Srt Public School,Poreyahat
6. Project Girls High School, Poreyahat
7. Govt Model School,Poraiyahat
8. Veena Bharti School,Poraiyahat
9. Anand Marg Public School,Poreyahat
10. Unique Career Public School,Poreyahat
11. Vande Mataram Public School,Poreyahat
12. Sarswati Sishu Vidya Mandir,Poreyahat
13. Govt High School,Poreyahat
14. Govt Middle School,Poreyahat
15. Suraj Mandal Inter College, Poreyahat
- "2011 Census C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Rationalisation of Numbering Systems of National Highways" (PDF). New Delhi: Department of Road Transport and Highways. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Google maps
- "Delayed railway projets get renewal boost". The Pioneer, 20 February 2015. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "Hansdiha-Godda Railway Line Project". Projects Today. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|