Porcupine, North Dakota
|Porcupine, North Dakota|
|Census-designated place & Unincorporated community|
Street in Porcupine
|• Total||0.202 sq mi (0.52 km2)|
|• Land||0.202 sq mi (0.52 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,811 ft (552 m)|
|• Density||720/sq mi (280/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1030781|
Porcupine is a census-designated place in Sioux County, North Dakota, United States. It lies only a few minutes' drive from the city of Selfridge. The community includes the headquarters of the Selfridge/Porcupine district.
An unincorporated community, it was designated as part of the U.S. Census Bureau's Participant Statistical Areas Program on March 22, 2010. It was not counted separately during the 2000 Census, but was included in the 2010 Census, where a population of 146 was reported.
The only access to the town is B.I.A Road 7 from North Dakota State Highway 6.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Porcupine, North Dakota.|
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Porcupine". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Porcupine Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- U.S. Census Bureau (2003). "Population and Housing Unit Counts, North Dakota" (PDF). 2000 Census of Population and Housing. Government Printing Office. Retrieved 2008-07-20.
- U.S. Census Bureau (February 13, 2008). "Census Designated Place (CDP) Program for the 2010 Census—Final Criteria" (PDF). Federal Register. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File". American FactFinder. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2 May 2011.