Porinju Mariam Jose
|Porinju Mariam Jose|
Theatrical release poster
Badusha N. M.
Suraj P. S.
|Written by||Abhilash N. Chandran|
Chemban Vinod Jose
|Music by||Jakes Bejoy|
|Cinematography||Ajay David Kachappilly|
|Edited by||Shyam Sasidharan|
David Kachappilly Productions
|Distributed by||Chand V Creations|
Porinju Mariam Jose is a 2019 Indian Malayalam-language period action thriller film directed by Joshiy and written by Abhilash N. Chandran, starring Joju George, Nyla Usha, and Chemban Vinod Jose in the titular characters, alongside Rahul Madhav, Vijayaraghavan, and Sudhi Koppa in supporting roles. The original songs and background score were composed by Jakes Bejoy. The film was released in theatres across India on 24 August 2019.
Porinju Mariam Jose is reportedly set in the 80s. Porinju, the village butcher and hero to the entire village, has an unfulfilled love story with Mariyam, the village money-lender. Jose and Porinju are friends thick as thieves. An altercation during a church procession leads to quite an ego tussle and makes way to violence and tensions. Porinju has strong relationship with Iype muthalali but his sons don't like the relationship. On night church festival procession going on , Jose the closest friend of porinju dance along with mariyaa . Meanwhile prince the youngest son of Iype from Dubai catches the backbump of mariyaa. Mariyaa scolds and quarrels with prince . Jose comes and beats prince and drive him away. Now the procession advance and in front of Iype house the procession stops and music band keeps a song for which porinju and iype dance together, later the music changes and now it's Jose favourite music which makes Jose to dance. But Prince seeing Jose gathers his two elder brothers and beat Jose which makes porinju angry. Porinju beats all the people inspite of being iypes sons . Iype though see his sons get beat ,support porinju as porinju never fights unnecessarily. Porinju has strong love to mariyaa who is now living alone after showing the flashback. Flashback shows porinju with Jose comes to mariyaa house to get married but mariyaa father threaten committing suicide by rolling rope around the neck and standing over a tree top but full of ants over tree top ,the Father of mariyaa loses grip and falls with the rope strangulating and dies. For this mariyaa lives alone without leaving the house and marrying porinju. Now Prince is full of anger arranges criminals to kill porinju and jose. Jose gets killed while in a film theatre . For this porinju takes revenge and kills prince. Though princes elder brothers come with gundas to kill porinju, porinju beats all and drives away the elder brothers without killing them. Meanwhile mariyaa offers good money to advocate to get advanced bail for porinju.Now climax scene iype sad at Prince death with his house full mourning . Church festival procession is coming and stops infront of iypes house. Iype comes out and porinju appears where their favourite song is played by music band . Now iype and porinju dance and hugs at end. Iype cries and told porinju you killed prince, for which porinju says because he killed Jose. Now iype takes out hidden knife tells so he is killing porinju now and then stabs many times porinju with the hidden knife. Porinju stands still with grief . The procession people rounds around iype who shows knife but porinju takes the knife from iypes hand and tells iype to go inside and prevent the people from entering iype house. Mariyaa comes now but porinju walks and fall dead over mariyaas shoulder. Mariyaa is seen at the end in front of porinjus deathstone with her name and date not written,shown to lay her after her death in the future.
- Joju George as Kattalan Porinju
- Nyla Usha as Alappattu Mariyam Varghese
- Chemban Vinod Jose as Puthanpally Jose
- Rahul Madhav as Prince
- Vijayaraghavan as Iype
- Sudhi Koppa as Puthanpally Babu
- Salim Kumar as Beedi Joy (Porinju's father)
- TG Ravi as Anthony (Jose's father)
- Nandhu as Alappattu Varghese
- Swasika as Lizy Jose
- Malavika Menon as Lilly
- Sarasa Balussery as Jose's mother
- Parvathi T. as Susanna (Prince's mother)
- I. M. Vijayan as Kuriyachira George
- Disney James as Stephen
- Sadiq as Muyalan Devassi
- Jayaraj Warrier
- Anil Nedumangad as Raphael
- Kalabhavan Niyas as Varkey
- Abhishek as Anto
- Nisthar Sait as SI Avaran
- E A Rajendran as School Principal
- Sinoj Varghese as Manja
- Nanda Kishore as Father Irumbanakkal
- Jayaprakash Kuloor as Advocate Veerabhadra
- Amal Shah as Young Porinju
- Davia Mary Ben as Minimol
- Govind V. Pai as Young Jose
- Meenakshi Dinesh as Young Mariyam
Abhilash N. Chandran has penned the story and screenplay.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2019)
The film was released in India and Gulf Cooperation Council territories on 23 August 2019.
The film grossed $309,267 from 39 screens in the opening weekend (23 – 25 August) in the United Arab Emirates and $541,287 in three weeks. It earned $8,133 (₹5.77 lakh) from 7 screens in the opening weekend (20 – 22 September) in the United States.
- "Porinju Mariam Jose (2019)". Filmibeat.
- "Joshy's 'Porinju Mariam Jose' to release on August 15". newindianexpress.com.
- "Porinju Mariyam Jose movie review highlights:". timesofindia.
- "Rahul Madhav in Porinju Mariyam Jose". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "Porinju Mariam Jose". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- "Dream Girl collects 3.21 mil. USD [Rs. 22.76 cr.] in overseas". Bollywood Hungama. 23 September 2019. Retrieved 29 September 2019.