The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
6 June 1962|
Chalakudy, Thrissur, Kerala, India
|Education||Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)|
|Alma mater||Government Law College, Ernakulam|
|Occupation||Founder of Equity Intelligence, Value Investor, Organic Farmer & Fund Manager|
Porinju Veliyath (born 6 June 1962) is an Indian investor and fund manager. He manages his own portfolio and the portfolios of investors in his fund management firm Equity Intelligence India Private Limited. He has been called a small-cap czar by The Economic Times.
Veliyath started his career in Mumbai as a floor trader with Kotak Securities in 1990. Later he joined Parag Parikh Securities in 1994 where he worked as research analyst and fund manager until 1999, when he moved back to Kochi. In 2002 he founded Equity Intelligence, a fund management firm focused on Value Investing in Indian Equites.
- Ohariyiloode Engane Nettam Koyyam (Complete step-by-step guide to share market and investing) - 2008 by Dhanam Publications
- "Porinju Veliyath Portfolio Holdings – Success Story of Porinju Veliyath". moneyexcel.com. MoneyExcel – Personal Finance Website Blog. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "One only needs common sense to make money in stock market: Porinju Veliyath, Equity Intelligence". Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. ET Bureau. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "The secret sauce of smart investing". www.forbesindia.com. Forbesindia.com. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Wealth wizards: Follow the 'keep it simple' policy for investments". www.forbesindia.com/. Forbesindia.com. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Inside Porinju Veliyath's portfolio: Top stocks that helped this maverick make 42% return". economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Porinju Veliyath's firm buys 4 lakh shares in Archies, shares surge". economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Porinju's Equity Intelligence buys 1 lakh shares in Shalimar Paints; stock surges". economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Staking it high in the stock markets". www.newindianexpress.com. New Indian Express. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Archies stock on fire as Porinju buys stake amid turnaround news". www.financialexpress.com. The Indian Express [P] Ltd. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Too much market information is not always good: Porinju Veliyath". economictimes.indiatimes.com. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
- "Equity relaxes him". www.thehindubusinessline.com. The Hindu Business Line. 28 July 2003. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Porinju Veliyath". Twitter. Twitter. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Staking it high in the stock markets". newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- ഓഹരിയിലൂടെ എങ്ങനെ നേട്ടം കൊയ്യാം?. Dhanam Publications. January 2008. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Porinju Veliyath on Twitter
- "Porinju buys Inditrade, Ginni Filaments shares". The Hindu Business Line. The Hindu Business Line. 14 June 2017.
- "Wealthy Kerala Investor Porinju Veliyath shows the way, holds simple wedding for son". www.thenewsminute.com. The News Minute. 5 October 2017.
- "Lesson for us all? Kerala Millionaire Holds Registered Marriage For His Son". Vikara Media Pvt Ltd. The Better India. 7 October 2017.