Pororo the Little Penguin
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
|Pororo the Little Penguin|
English Title Card
|Theme music composer||Bruce Broughton|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||52 per season
(until Season 3)
26 per season
(Season 4 - present)
|Executive producer(s)||Michael Loman
|Running time||5 minutes per episode
(until Season 3)
11 minutes per episode
(Season 4 - present)
|Original release||November 27, 2003– present|
Pororo the Little Penguin (Korean: 뽀롱뽀롱 뽀로로) is a South Korean computer-generated animated cartoon series created by Iconix Entertainment, SK Broadband, Ocon and EBS with the North Korean company Samchŏlli in Kaesŏng. Production began in 2002 and the program began airing in South Korea on EBS in 2003.
The series revolves around the adventures of Pororo and his friends who live in the snowy village of Porong Porong Forest, who often encounter challenges and learn practical and moral lessons in each episode.
Far far away, unknown and untouched by human civilization, lies a peaceful island covered in snow and ice. On this white island, deep inside a small secluded forest, is a tiny village inhabited by little animals. No-one knows how they came to live on the island but they naturally came to live together in the village situated in the little valley where the sunshine is warmest and the cold wind is least harsh. In the village lives Pororo, a very inquisitive impish little penguin, good-natured polar bear Poby, smug nosy fennec fox Eddy, shy and timid little beaver Loopy, friendly penguin girl Petty, happy-go-lucky humming bird Harry and mischievous dinosaur Crong. All of our friends have distinct personalities and different interests which sometimes cause little (and sometimes not so little) happenings in their calm white world. But they are all good friends and know how to help each other in times of trouble.
Season 1 - present
- Lee Sun as Pororo
- Lee Mi-ja as Crong
- Ham Soo-jeong as Eddy
- Kim Hwan-jin as Poby
- Hong So-yeong as Loopy
- Goo Ja-hyeong as the Narrator
Season 2 - present
Season 3 - present
- Lee Mi-ja as Rody
- Goo Ja- hyeong as Tong-tong
- Ham Soo-jeong as Popo
- Kim Seo-yeong as Pipi
- Hong So-yeong as Nyao
Season 4 - present
- Jang Eun-sook as Tu-tu
- Season 1 : 52 x 5' (2003)
- Season 2 : 52 x 5' (2005)
- Season 3 : 52 x 5' (2009)
- TV Movie: Pororo to the Cookie Castle : 1 x 70' (2004)
- Season 4 : 26 x 11'(2012)
- Sing-A-Long : 14 x 3' (2006)
- Pororo's English Show : 13 x 6' (2013)
- Feature Film: Pororo, The Racing Adventure : 1 x 79' (2013)
Opening/Ending Theme Songs
Opening Theme Songs
- Season 1 : "Always Happy as Can Be"
- Season 2 : "Always Happy as Can Be" - The song is the same, but it is sped up a little bit with different instrumentation. This song is performed by the cast of characters with a kid.
- Season 3 : "Hello, Friends"
- Season 4 : "Hello, Friends" - This is same song but it includes different instrumentations.
- Season 5 : "Hello, Friends" - This is same song but it includes different instrumentations.
- Sing-A-Long with Pororo : "Let's Sing Together with Pororo" (but in the ending, it is instrumental)
Ending Theme Songs
- Season 1 : "We Are the Best of Friends"
- Season 2 : "All Good Friends"
- Season 3 : "Good Friends"
- Season 4 : "Good Friends"
- Season 5 : "Good Friends"
- http://www.pororo.net/en/story/story_01.htm Story (Games)
- http://www.pororo.net/en/story/summary.php?Numid=1 Episode Guide Season 1
- http://www.pororo.net/en/story/summary03.php?Numid=1 Episode Guide Season 2
- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE81F0AD3149C3767 Originally 14 episodes, additional 12.