From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up porphyry in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Porphyry (geology), an igneous rock with large crystals in a fine-grained matrix, or associated mineral deposit
- Porphyry (philosopher) (234 – c. 305), a Neoplatonic philosopher
- Porphyry of Gaza (or "St. Porphyry of Gaza"), Bishop of Gaza c. 347–420
- Porphyry, a vineyard near Seaham, New South Wales
- Porphyry, a system of astrological house division
- Porphyry Island
- Porphyria, a disease
- Porfiry, a Russian given name
- Porfirio (disambiguation), various uses, including a Spanish surname
- Tyrian purple or Porphyra, a purple-red natural dye
- Porphyra, a foliose red algal genus of laver
- Porphyrins, a group of organic compounds
- Porphyrion, a giant in Greek mythology
- Porphyrio, also known as Pomponius Porphyrion, a Latin grammarian, fl. 2nd or 3rd century
- Porphyrius the Charioteer (Byzantine chariot racer)
- "Porphyria's Lover", originally published as "Porphyria", a poem by Robert Browning
- Article titles containing the text "Porphyr"
- "Porphyria", a song by AFI from Black Sails in the Sunset
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Porphyry.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.