|Born||Porsha Dyanne Williams
June 22, 1981
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
|Residence||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Other names||Porsha Stewart|
|Education||Southwest Dekalb High School|
|Television||The Real Housewives of Atlanta
|Spouse(s)||Kordell Stewart (m. 2011–13)|
|Relatives||Hosea Williams (grandfather)|
Porsha Dyanne Williams (born June 22, 1981), also known by her former married name Porsha Stewart, is an American television personality, model, actress and singer. Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, she modeled for music videos and calendar spreads in her early adulthood. In 2011, she came to prominence after marrying football player Kordell Stewart in an elaborate ceremony broadcast on the television series Platinum Weddings, although they experienced a widely publicized divorce in 2013. In 2012, Williams was cast in the fifth season of the reality television series The Real Housewives of Atlanta. In 2014, she launched a career in the music industry with the launch of her single "Flatline" under the record label Kandi Koated Entertainment. Williams was a contestant on the eighth installment of the reality competition series, The Celebrity Apprentice, now known as The New Celebrity Apprentice. She played for the charity "Hosea". On January 23, 2017, she was the eighth contestant fired, finishing in 8th place and raising no money for her charity.
Life and career
Early life and marriage
Porsha Williams was born in Atlanta, Georgia on June 22, 1981. Her parents are self-employed entrepreneurs. She has a younger sister named Lauren. Her grandfather is the late Hosea Williams, a prominent civil rights activist. She attended Southwest Dekalb High School in Decatur, Georgia as a teenager, and later pursued a degree in business information technology at the American InterContinental University in Schaumburg, Illinois.
In her early adulthood, Williams appeared in music videos in pursuit of a potential career in the modeling industry, which she has said was "what you did in Atlanta when you wanted to become a model, and you were young and beautiful". She additionally opened a daycare facility when she was 24 years old, elaborating that "it just was in my blood to want to own something for myself" given her parents' careers. In 2005, Williams modeled for a "pin-up" calendar for the Atlanta Dymes. Williams began dating football player Kordell Stewart while she was employed at the Lucky Lounge in Atlanta, Georgia. The couple married in an elaborate ceremony in May 2011, which was filmed and broadcast for the WE tv television series Platinum Weddings. Through the marriage, she became the stepmother to his minor-aged son Syre from his previous relationship with Tania Richardson.
2012–13: The Real Housewives of Atlanta
In September 2012, it was announced by Bravo that Williams and Kenya Moore were cast for the fifth season of the reality television series The Real Housewives of Atlanta, alongside returning cast members Cynthia Bailey, Kandi Burruss, NeNe Leakes, Phaedra Parks and Kim Zolciak. Williams made her first appearance of the season during the third episode on November 18, 2012, where she was shown to clash with Moore during a charity event for Feed the Homeless. The remainder of the season documented their ensuing feud, and a later conflict with Bailey after she felt that Williams lacked dedication to a pageant Bailey coordinated for her modeling agency.
She additionally expressed an intent to have children with Stewart, although she later visited a therapist after they began experiencing marital difficulties. After approximately two years of marriage, Stewart filed for divorce from Williams in March 2013. During the reunion special for the fifth season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta the following month, she commented that she was "totally blindsided" by the filing and alleged that she learned of their separation through Twitter. Their divorce was finalized in December 2013; Williams received none of his property or earnings through the settlement.
The sixth season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta premiered in November, and documented the deterioration of Williams's relationship with her husband. She was briefly hospitalized during the season, which the series depicted was caused by stress stemming from her then-ongoing divorce. After an episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta broadcast in December 2013, Williams received criticism after making comments in which she indicated her belief that the Underground Railroad was an actual railroad line. She later commented that "It was a brain lapse. I have Porsha moments that you’ve seen on the show before. For me seeing that I knew that I had to go back and brush up on my history so I’m representing my legacy well." She also launched a line of haircare products and joined the cast of Burruss's stage musical A Mother's Love.
She released her debut single "Flatline" through the iTunes Store on March 17, 2014. Later that month, Williams received media attention after an altercation with Moore while filming the sixth season reunion for The Real Housewives of Atlanta. While filming the reunion special at the Biltmore Hotel on March 27, Moore implied that Williams was unfaithful during her marriage; after Williams called Moore a "slut from the '90s" and Moore yelled that Williams was "a dumb ho" from a megaphone, Williams assaulted Moore. Moore later threatened to quit the series if Williams was to remain, commenting that "we've become angry with each other, we've threatened each other and gone to the edge. But at the end of the day, we know there's a line." Williams was arrested on December 29, 2014, for speeding with a suspended license, but was released the same day.
In September 2015, Bravo announced that Porsha Williams had signed to be a full-time housewife once again, along with newcomer actress Kim Fields. On January 28, 2016, it was announced that she is participating as a contestant on The New Celebrity Apprentice, also known as The Apprentice 15 and The Celebrity Apprentice 8.
|2012–present||The Real Housewives of Atlanta||Main (season 5–6, 8–present); recurring (season 7)|
|2013||The Rickey Smiley Show||1 episode|
|2017||The New Celebrity Apprentice||Competitor|
|2017||Sharknado 5: Global Swarming||Andromeda||2017||Cargo||Carlotta|
|2013||A Mother's Love||Jada|
|2017||Two Can Play That Game||Conny|
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
- Ho, Rodney (January 28, 2016). "Porsha Williams joins revamped 'Celebrity Apprentice' led by Arnold Schwarzenegger". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- Ho, Rodney. "Did Porsha Williams make the top 7 on Arnold's 'Celebrity Apprentice'? | Radio and TV Talk". Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "RHOA Birth Dates, Where They Were Born, How old is.." About.com. IAC. November 29, 2013. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- S. Tia Brown (January 6, 2014). "Why Wait for the Reunion? Porsha Williams Tells All". Jet. Johnson Publishing Company. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- "The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 6 Ep 5: Save the Drama for Mama". Bravo. NBCUniversal. December 1, 2013. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- Diane Anderson-Minshall. "Porsha Williams-Stewart of The Real Housewives of Atlanta". About.com. IAC. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- "This Is Porsha Stewart". Issuu. Winter 2013. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- Tracy Scott (December 5, 2012). "Porsha Stewart has video vixen past". S2S. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- "It's official! Real Housewives Of Atlanta star Porsha Williams and Kordell Stewart are divorced". Daily Mail. Daily Mail and General Trust. December 5, 2013. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- Evelyn Diaz (April 8, 2013). "Kordell Stewart Alleges Porsha Is Negligent Stepmother". BET. Viacom. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- Dahvi Shira (September 21, 2012). "Real Housewives of Atlanta Returns with New Faces". People. Time Inc. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- "The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 5 Ep 3: Call Me Miss U.S.A". Bravo. NBCUniversal. November 18, 2012. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- "The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 5 Ep 8: Fools of Engagement". Bravo. NBCUniversal. December 23, 2012. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- "The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 5 Ep 14: Prayed Up". Bravo. NBCUniversal. February 10, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- "The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 5 Ep 5: No Excuse for Excuses". Bravo. NBCUniversal. December 2, 2012. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- "The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 5 Ep 19: Donktabulous!". Bravo. NBCUniversal. March 24, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- Nicole Eggenberger (April 22, 2013). "Porsha Stewart Learned Husband Kordell Stewart Filed for Divorce Through Twitter". Us Weekly. Wenner Media, LLC. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- Evelyn Diaz (April 22, 2013). "Porsha Stewart Breaks Silence on Divorce, Was "Totally Blindsided"". BET. Viacom. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- Veronica Linares (January 21, 2014). "Porsha Williams facing money problems after divorce from Kordell Stewart". United Press International. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- Brennan Williams (March 12, 2014). "Porsha Williams Walks Away Empty-Handed From Kordell Stewart Divorce Settlement". The Huffington Post. AOL. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- "The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 6 Ep 1: Bye Bye With The Wind". Bravo. NBCUniversal. November 3, 2014. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- "The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 6 Ep 6: The Old Lady and the Shoe". Bravo. NBCUniversal. December 3, 2014. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- Rachel McRady (December 23, 2013). "Porsha Stewart Thought the Underground Railroad Was a Real Train: How Did the Real Housewives of Atlanta React?". Us Weekly. Wenner Media, LLC. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- Danielle Canada (March 12, 2014). "Porsha Williams teases debut single 'Flatline'". Rolling Out. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- "'Real Housewives of Atlanta' star Porsha Williams arrested after fight during filming". Fox News Channel. 21st Century Fox. April 18, 2014. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- "'Real Housewives of Atlanta' star Porsha Williams arrested after fight during filming". Fox News Channel. 21st Century Fox. April 18, 2014. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Fisher, Luchina (April 21, 2014). "Watch Porsha Williams, Kenya Moore Brawl on 'Housewives'". ABC News. American Broadcasting Company. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Landrum, Jonathan (April 21, 2014). "'Housewives' star says she may not return to show". Philadelphia Media Network. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Vena, Jocelyn (September 28, 2015). "First Look at #RHOA Season 8: Kim Fields Joins the Crew & Sheree Whitfield Returns". Bravo Media. NBCuniversal. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- Webber, Stephanie. "Celebrity Apprentice Season 15 Cast Revealed: Snooki, Kyle Richards, Boy George and More!". US Weekly.