Port Arthur Independent School District
The district serves most of Port Arthur and a portion of Groves.
The district is headed by the PAISD School Board, which is ultimately responsible for the well-being of the district. It hires a superintendent of schools who is chiefly responsible for overseeing the day-to-day affairs of the district. This superintendent accomplishes this with the aid of other individuals and groups that the administration comprises. The current superintendent is Dr. Mark Porterie.
The Port Arthur Independent School District adopted a uniform dress code that was enforced district-wide during the 2007–2008 school year.
- Memorial High School (10th-12th) (Port Arthur)
- P.A. Memorial 9th Grade Academy (9th) (Port Acres)
- Woodrow Wilson Early College High School (9th-12th) (Downtown Port Arthur)
- Career and Technology Center
- Stilwell Technical Center (Port Arthur)
- Grades 6–8
- Thomas Jefferson Middle School
- Abraham Lincoln Middle School
- Grades PK-5
- DeQueen Elementary School  (Port Arthur)
- Dick Dowling Elementary School (Port Acres)
- Sam Houston Elementary School (Port Arthur)
- Robert E. Lee Elementary School (Port Arthur)
- William B. Travis Elementary School (Port Arthur)
- Tyrrell Elementary School (Griffing Park)
- Booker T. Washington Technology School (West Port Arthur)
- Staff Sgt. Lucian Adams Elementary (Port Arthur)
- Wheatley School of Early Childhood (Port Arthur)
- Port Arthur Alternative Campus
Former high schools
- Stephen F. Austin High School (consolidated into Memorial High School)
- Abraham Lincoln High School (consolidated into Memorial High School)
- Thomas Jefferson High School (consolidated into Memorial High School)
Former middle schools
- Woodrow Wilson Middle School (Moved to ALMS)
- Thomas A. Edison Middle School (Moved to TJMS)
- Stephen F. Austin Middle School (Became MHS-9)
Former elementary schools
- Franklin Elementary School (built in 1917. demolished in February 2012)
- Pease Elementary School (demolished)
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- "Buster Brown vs. Board of Education[permanent dead link]," Mid County Chronicle
- DeQueen Elementary School Archived 2008-04-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Schools as of October 8, 2000, Port Arthur Independent School District