Port Blair Islands
|Location||Bay of Bengal|
|Adjacent bodies of water||Indian Ocean|
|Area||1.138 km2 (0.439 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Island group||Andaman Islands|
|Island sub-group||Great Andaman|
|Largest settlement||INS Jarawa|
|Pop. density||9.6 /km2 (24.9 /sq mi)|
|Ethnic groups||Hindu, Andamanese|
|Avg. summer temperature||30.2 °C (86.4 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||23.0 °C (73.4 °F)|
|Official Languages||Hindi, English|
Port Blair Islands are a group of islands situated in the sound of the capital Port Blair of the Andaman Islands. They belong to the South Andaman administrative district, part of the Indian union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
see Chatham Saw Mill.
The islands are located on North Bay, Navy Bay, Flat Bay, Garacharma Bay, and the vicinity of Ross Island (Andaman).
There are living quarters for the JPC manager at Chatham Island and several navy officers at the INS Jarawa quarters at Ross Island.
- "Islandwise Area and Population - 2011 Census" (PDF). Government of Andaman.
- "A&N Islands - Pincodes". 22 September 2016. Archived from the original on 23 March 2014. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "STD Codes of Andaman and Nicobar". allcodesindia.in. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Registration Plate Numbers added to ISO Code
- "Village Code Directory: Andaman & Nicobar Islands" (PDF). Census of India. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- "DEMOGRAPHIC – A&N ISLANDS" (PDF). andssw1.and.nic.in. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Port Blair.|
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This Andaman and Nicobar Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|