Port Harcourt Refining Company
The Port Harcourt Refining Company Ltd.
|Industry||Oil and gas|
|Mr. Abba Bukar (Managing Director), Mr. Ganiyu Owolabi (Executive Director Operations)|
|Products||Petroleum and derived products|
|Owner||Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation|
The Port Harcourt Refining Company, (abbreviated PHRC), is a Nigeria-based oil and gas company primarily specializing in the refining of crude oil into petroleum products. It is headquartered in Port Harcourt metropolitan area of Rivers State, southeastern Nigeria. The company is a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
Located in Alesa Eleme just to the southeast of Port Harcourt, the company operates two oil refineries, including an old plant commissioned in 1965 that can process 60,000 barrels of oil per stream day (bpsd), as well as the new plant commissioned in 1989, which has a capacity of 150,000 bpsd. Both oil refineries possess a combined capacity of 210,000 barrels per stream day making PHRC the "biggest oil refining company in Nigeria".
- "NNPC appoints new MDs for Port Harcourt, Warri refineries". Vanguard. 30 October 2012. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "Explosion Didn't Affect Operations At Port Harcourt Refinery--Director". AllAfrica.com. AllAfrica Global Media. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "Refinery". dprnigeria.com. Department of Petroleum Resources. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "Why Nigerian refineries can't be sold". Gasandoil.com. Alexander’s Gas & Oil Connections. 28 February 2004. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Nwachukwu, Clara (21 November 2010). "Port Harcourt Refinery Set for Another Turn Around Maintainence [sic]". AllAfrica.com. AllAfrica Global Media. Retrieved 14 June 2014.