Port Honduras Marine Reserve
|Port Honduras Marine Reserve|
IUCN category IV (habitat/species management area)
|Location||Gulf of Honduras, Belize|
|Nearest city||Punta Gorda|
|Area||40,470 hectares (100,000 acres)|
Port Honduras Marine Reserve is a national protected marine reserve in the Toledo district of Belize. It was established in January 2000, and covers 40,470 hectares (100,000 acres) of mangrove and coastal ecosystems. It encompasses over one hundred small, mangrove-fringed cayes, benthic habitats comprising soft-bottom seagrass beds and fringing reefs.
- Belize Tourism Board. "Port of Honduras Marine Reserve". Travel Belize. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Port Honduras Marine Reserve". protectedplanet.net.
- Toledo Institute for Development and Environment. "Port Honduras Marine Reserve". Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- Belize Tropical Forest Studies (2010). "Port Honduras (General Use)". Biodiversity and Environmental Resource Data System.
- Belize Tropical Forest Studies (2010). "Port Honduras (Conservation Zone)". Biodiversity and Environmental Resource Data System.