Port Meadville Airport
|Port Meadville Airport|
|Owner||Crawford County Regional Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||1,399 ft / 426 m|
Port Meadville Airport (IATA: MEJ, ICAO: KGKJ, FAA LID: GKJ) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (3.5 mi, 5.6 km) west of the central business district of Meadville, in Crawford County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Port Meadville Airport covers an area of 250 acres (100 ha) at an elevation of 1,399 feet (426 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 7/25 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,001 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 24, 2010, the airport had 13,220 aircraft operations, an average of 36 per day: 98% general aviation, 1% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 27 aircraft based at this airport: 74% single-engine, 15% multi-engine and 11% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GKJ ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 30 June 2011.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015: Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 4 October 2010.
- "Port Meadville Airport (IATA: MEJ, ICAO: KGKJ, FAA: GKJ)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 26 July 2011.
- Port Meadville Airport (GKJ) from Pennsylvania DOT airport directory
- Aerial photo as of 7 April 1993 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GKJ, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: