Port Vale F.C. Player of the Year
The Port Vale Player of the Year award is voted for annually by Port Vale's supporters in recognition of the best overall performance by an individual player throughout the football season. Towards the end of each season, fans are invited to cast their votes for this award.
The inaugural award was made to Roy Sproson in 1967, and became an annual event from 1969. David Harris, Ray Walker, Mark Grew, Neil Aspin, and Martin Foyle have all won two awards during their time at Vale Park. Foyle also went on to manage the club. No player has won the award more than twice. Eamonn O'Keefe and Anthony Griffith represented Ireland and Montserrat respectively at international level, though both players were born in England. Tom Pope, winner in 2013, stated that "To be voted for by the fans like this is a massive honour for me. It means such a lot, more than the other [PFA] awards I've been lucky enough to win."
Wins by playing position
Wins by nationality
A. ^ For ease of reading, the complexities of the frequent renaming of the various divisions have been simplified to a number, reflecting the official "Level" of competition in the English league system. For more information see English football league system#Structure.
C. ^ Inaugural winner.
D. ^ Second award.
E. ^ First non-British winner.
F. ^ Multiple winners are counted multiple times.
- "Hot-shot Tom Pope rewarded for a stellar season with home-town club". The Sentinel. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- Kent, Jeff (1990). The Valiants' Years: The Story Of Port Vale. Witan Books. p. 305. ISBN 0-9508981-4-7.
- Kent 2010, p. 288
- Kent 2010, p. 11
- Kent 2010, p. 106
- Kent 2010, p. 190
- Hayes, Dean (1998). Port Vale Football Club: An A-Z. Sigma Leisure. p. 102. ISBN 1850586101.
- "David Brammer". crewealex.net/. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "Player Of The Year Announced". port-vale.co.uk. 17 November 2004. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "It's a clean sweep as Super Sam is Top Man". port-vale.co.uk. 17 November 2004. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "Player of the Year Awards". port-vale.co.uk. 17 November 2004. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "Player of the Year Awards". port-vale.co.uk. 10 May 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "Awards". port-vale.co.uk. 5 May 2006. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "Player of the Year". port-vale.co.uk. 30 April 2008. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "Player of the Year- Winners". Port Vale F.C. 27 April 2009. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- Owen, Jon (12 May 2010). "Port Vale: Griffith takes home top accolade". The Sentinel. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- "Player of the Year Awards 2011". port-vale.co.uk. 9 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-09.
- "Loft grateful for award success". The Sentinel. 2 May 2012. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Tom Pope wins player-of-the-year award". The Sentinel. 29 April 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Baggaley, Mike (5 May 2014). "Tom Pope named Port Vale player of the year". The Sentinel. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Baggaley, Mike (3 May 2015). "Michael O'Connor dominates Vale's awards night". The Sentinel. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- Baggaley, Mike (8 May 2016). "Anthony Grant wins prestigious Supporters' Club award". The Sentinel. Retrieved 8 May 2016.