Port of Shenzhen
- Not to be confused with the Shenzhen Bay Port, an immigration checkpoint or port of entry.
|Port of Shenzhen
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Owned by||Shenzhen Government|
|Port of Shenzhen|
The Port of Shenzhen is a collective name of a number of ports along parts of the coastline of Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China. These ports as a whole forms one of the busiest and fastest growing container ports in the world.
The port is home to 39 shipping companies who have launched 131 international container routes. There are 560 ships on call at Shenzhen port on a monthly basis and also 21 feeder routes to other ports in the Pearl River Delta region. Shekou Passenger Terminal provides fast ferry services across the Pearl River Delta to Hong Kong, Macau and Zhuhai.
The Port of Shenzhen is spread along Shenzhen city’s 260 km coastline. It is separated by the New Territories and the Kowloon Peninsula of Hong Kong into two areas: the eastern port and the western port.
Shenzhen port's western port is located to the east of Lingdingyang in the Pearl River Estuary and consist of a deep water harbor with safe natural shelters. It is about 37.04 km from Hong Kong to the south and 111.12 km from Guangzhou to the north. As a result, the western port area is connected to the pearl river region which includes cities and counties along the river. The western port is also linked to On See dun waterway which allows trade to reach all the way to other ports.
The eastern port area is situated north of Dapeng Bay where the harbor is broad and calm and is claimed to be the best natural harbor in South China.
It has 140 berths altogether. The breakdown of the berth's activities are
- 51 berths for vessels with 10,000 tonnes deadweight (DWT) and above.
- 90 operational berths, in which 43 are of 10,000 DWT or above, 18 container berths, 9 consignee berths, among which 3 are of 10,000 DWT or above, 18 passenger ferry berths, and 23 non production berths.
- Shenzhen Port Official Website
- Bureau of Communications of Shenzhen Municipality (Ports Administration of Shenzhen Municipality)