Porta dos Fundos
|Porta dos Fundos|
Logo of the YouTube channel of Porta dos Fundos
|Origin||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
Antonio Pedro Tabet
João Vicente de Castro
|Years active||6 August 2012–present|
Porta dos Fundos (literally "Back Door") is a Brazilian comedy YouTube channel. It was established in 2012 by Fábio Porchat, Antonio Pedro Tabet, Gregório Duvivier, João Vicente de Castro and Ian SBF in Rio de Janeiro. It is the 4th most-subscribed channel in Brazil, and 49th overall, with over 13 million subscribers as of June 2017. Its videos feature closed captions in English.
Porta dos Fundos releases sketches depicting diverse social situations in a satirically exaggerated manner. The parodies have been made on numerous themes, including religion, drug use, sexuality (as in its series Viral), political corruption and everyday frustrations. It has sparked some controversy; Porchat said it occupied a blank space "that Brazilian television's conservative nature and obsession with [viewing] figures has missed."
The group refused several offers to bring it to television because "freedom is essential for us," stated Porchat. In 2014, however, Porta dos Fundos signed to Fox Network Brazil; the show premiered on Fox on October 14, 2014, and only exhibits sketches that are already on their YouTube channel. A theater film titled Contrato Vitalício was released in Brazil on June 30, 2016.
On its first year it had more than five million subscribers, becoming the fifth most watched comedy channel of the world, and the top of all genres in Brazil. In 2013, its average viewership was of 24 million per month, and as of 2014 it had an audience of over 10 million per video. In November 2015, Porta dos Fundos' creators received the Diamond Play Button, an award for creators with 10 million subscribers in YouTube FanFest Brasil. They became the first Brazilian YouTube channel to reach 10 million subscribers. Porta dos Fundos made cameo appearances in YouTube Rewind 2013 and 2015.
- Marcos Veras (2012-2014)
- Marcus Majella (2012-2014)
- Letícia Lima (2012-2015)
- Clarice Falcão (2012-2015)
- Júlia Rabello (2012-2015)
- Rafael Infante (2012-2016)
- Ian SBF – screenwriter, director
- Rodrigo Magal – editor, director
- Gregório Duvivier – screenwriter
- Fábio Porchat – screenwriter
- Antonio Pedro Tabet – screenwriter
- Gabriel Esteves – screenwriter
- Luanne Araujo – editor
- Gustavo Chagas – making of director
- Alice Ventura – assistant director
- Gui Machado – cinematography
- Nataly Mega – production director
- Bianca Caetano – producer
- Ohana Boy – producer
- Lívia Andrade - producer
- Bruno Menezes – audio
- João Marcos – social media
- Juli Videla – costume designer
- Luciano Iulianelli – financial analyst
- Amanda Moura – commercial director
- Marcela Briones – commercial analyst
- Arthur Santiago – graphic designer
- Fernando, João (March 18, 2014). "Porta dos Fundos lança sua primeira série, que fala de aids com humor". O Estado de S. Paulo. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Romero, Simon (August 31, 2013). "On YouTube, Comedy Troupe Tickles Brazil and Ruffles Feathers". The New York Times. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Phillips, Dom (October 20, 2013). "World Cup 2014: Brazilians' rage against the state will disrupt the celebration". The Guardian. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Antunes, Anderson (May 31, 2013). "In The Land Of Telenovelas, A Youtube Channel Gives A Glimpse Of Scripted Entertainment's Future". Forbes. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- "Endemol makes new appointment to lead Endemol Brazil". Endemol. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- "Porta dos Fundos estreia na TV alfinetando os rivais". Veja (in Portuguese). October 14, 2014. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Hopewell, John (August 11, 2014). "Gullane Filmes Ups Brazil's Ante". Variety. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Porta dos Fundos receives the Diamond Play Button.
- Porta dos Fundos in Youtube Rewind 2013.
- Porta dos Fundos in Youtube Rewind 2015..