|Studio album by Danielle Brisebois|
|Released||September 30, 2008 (digital)|
|Danielle Brisebois chronology|
Portable Life is the second album by Danielle Brisebois. Originally scheduled for October 26, 1999, the album's release was delayed until September 2008, when RCA Records released the album as a digital download on iTunes and Amazon MP3. Promotional CD copies of Portable Life and the single "I've Had It" were pressed in 1999 and are now difficult to obtain.
The album was produced and co-written by former New Radicals-front man Gregg Alexander, who previously worked with Danielle Brisebois on Arrive All Over You, his solo album Intoxifornication, and on the New Radicals' Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too.
Two songs from the album, "Just Missed The Train" and "Need A Little Love", later appeared on Carly Hennessy's 2001 album Ultimate High, which was produced by Brisebois and Alexander. Additionally, "Just Missed the Train" had already appeared on Brisebois' first album Arrive All Over You (albeit in a different version) and was also covered by several other artists, including Trine Rein, Maarja and Kelly Clarkson.
- "I've Had It" (Danielle Brisebois, Gregg Alexander) – 3:21
- "Five Friends" (Brisebois, Alexander) – 3:27
- "Temporary Like The Rain" (Brisebois, Alexander) – 2:36
- "Stop It Hurts You're Killing Me Don't Stop" (Brisebois, Alexander) – 2:58
- "If I Died Tonight You'd Have To Think Of Me" (Brisebois, Alexander) – 4:58
- "Going Down The Wrong Way" (Brisebois, Alexander) – 3:28
- "Need A Little Love" (Brisebois, Alexander) – 4:08
- "Just Missed The Train" (Brisebois, Scott Cutler) – 4:43
- "My Dreaming Days Are Through" (Brisebois, Alexander) – 3:27
- "Give Me A Day" (Brisebois, Alexander) – 5:04
- "I Had A Dream" (Brisebois) – 4:28
- "Everything My Heart Desires" (Phil Roy, Peter Blakeley) – 3:59