- 1870 - During this month Mikhail Bakunin breaks relations with Sergey Nechayev.
- 1871 - Michele Angiolillo born, Foggia. Typographer, anarchist, proponent of propaganda of the deed.
- 1873 - Proclamation of the First Spanish Republic. Francisco Pi y Margall (pictured) assumes Presidency. Advocates Federalist program inspired by Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, becoming popular among Spanish anarchists. Andalusia & several cities in the southeast establish a libertarian federalism. Pi y Margall is promptly overthrown by Monarchist forces. The town of Carthagène resists a government takeover for several months.
- 1878 - Karl Eduard Nobiling (1848-1878) dies. Doctor of philosophy, anarchist. A month after Max Hödel tries to kill William I, German Emperor, in Berlin, Nobiling takes his turn, & having failed, turns his gun upon himself. Paul Brousse coins the phrase "propaganda of the deed" to describe Nobiling's act.
- 1919 - 67 anarchists are arrested & face deportation in the wake of a bomb explosion marking the beginning of the Palmer raids in the USA.
- 1951 - The Japanese Anarchist Federation reconstituted this month. Simultaneously, the anarchist communists set up the Japan Anarchist Club (Nihon Anakisuto Kurabu).
- 2005 - Pepita Carpeña (1919-2005) dies, Marseille.