From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1904 – The first Australian Open golf tournament is held.
- 1918 – Death of John Forrest, an Australian explorer, the first premier of Western Australia and a cabinet minister in Australia's first federal parliament.
- 1928 – St Mary's Cathedral opens in Sydney after 60 years of construction.
- 1948 – Australian National Airways (ANA) DC3 VH-ANK Lutana crashes near Quirindi, New South Wales, killing 13.
- 1984 – Seven people shot dead and twelve wounded in bikie shootout between rival bikie gangs the Bandidos and Comancheros in the Sydney suburb of Milperra.
- 1987 – The Australia Telescope Compact Array is opened.