Portal:Canada/Did You Know/32
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ...that Fort Victoria was established as a Hudson's Bay Company fur-trading post, and eventually grew into the modern capital city of British Columbia?
- ...that in Upper and Lower Canada, the colonial government used concession roads to define lots which were to be developed?
- ...that Charley Fox, a Canadian flight lieutenant, was credited with injuring Erwin Rommel?
- ...that the Columbia detachment of the Royal Engineers built some of the first major roads in British Columbia?
- ...that Irene Jordan of the South Fort George suburb of Prince George, British Columbia had owned a popular brothel that later became the first City Hall of Prince George?