Portal:Chess/Selected article list
This page gives a list of the Selected Articles that are automatically shown on the "Selected article" section of the Portal:Chess. These articles should be at least B-class. As this page will probably not be watched regularly, please raise your questions to the WP:WikiProject Chess.
The list is weighted so that the articles with the best quality are shown more often, i.e. :
- articles rated B-class have at most 1 occurrence in the list,
- articles rated GA-class or A-class have 2 occurrences in the list,
- articles rated GA-class and A-class have 4 occurrences in the list,
- articles rated FA-class have 6 occurrences in the list.
The list of articles to be shown is organised by week, from 1 to 53. If you want to include an article, please update one of the subpages listed below. The article for week 53 should be the same as the article for week 52, since week 53 is much shorter (one or two days) than the rest.
How to add an article
If you believe a given chess-related article is worth being added to this list in order to be shown on the Portal:Chess, follow the following steps:
- Make sure the new article is of enough quality, at least B-class.
- Create a new subpage named on the example "Portal:Chess/Selected article/Introduction/NAME_OF_THE_NEW_ARTICLE"
- Create an appropriate summary of the new article in this new subpage. This is the summary that will appear on the Portal:Chess. Usually you can just copy/paste the Lead of the new article.
- Add a link to the new article at the end of the new subpage, on the example "Read more about NAME_OF_THE_NEW_ARTICLE..."
- Choose an appropriate week in which you want to delist a former article, to be replaced by the new article. Please choose the ones with the lowest quality first.
- Create a link to your new subpage by changing the appropriate week. For example, if you want that your article appears in the week 27, go in the subpage "Portal:Chess/Selected article/27" and change the existing transclusion by your new subpage.
- Go to the Talk page of the new article, and place the instruction "portal=yes" in the "Template:WikiProject Chess". This should add a sentence in the template indicating that the article is a Selected article for Portal:Chess.
- If the former article that was in the week you have chosen was listed only once, that means now it is not selected anymore to be presented on the Portal. So go to the Talk page of this delisted article, and remove the instruction "portal=yes" in the "Template:WikiProject Chess".