- Raymond Jessup is sentenced to 10 years in prison for sexual assault of an underage girl after the April 2008 raid of the YFZ Ranch in Eldorado, Texas. (UPI).
- Two bloggers from Azerbaijan, Emin Milli and Adnan Hajizade, are sentenced by a court for "hooliganism" in a restaurant scuffle linked to the posting of a satirical video dressed as a donkey on YouTube that mocked government restrictions on civil liberties. (BBC) (Trend News Agency) (Taiwan News)
- A gold mining operation is investigated by Chinese authorities after allegations it has damaged part of the Great Wall of China in Inner Mongolia. (Xinhua) (BBC) (Times of South Africa)
- Iran protests to Oxford University's Queen's College over a scholarship in memory of the slain Iranian student Neda Agha Soltan. (AP)
- Officials in Brazil investigate the cause of a massive power cut which may have affected a fifth of the population and neighbouring Paraguay. (BBC) (New York Times)
- Yemen criticises "interference" by Iran in the conflict with Houthi rebels in the country, after Iran criticised Saudi Arabian intervention in the conflict. (Khaleej Times) (Yemen News Agency) (AFP)
- Anti-monarchy protesters and riot police clash in Montreal, Quebec, during a tour by Prince Charles. (Metro) (The Daily Telegraph) (CBC)
- A Russian-born German man is sentenced to life imprisonment for fatally stabbing Marwa El-Sherbini in a court, an attack that caused uproar in the Muslim world. (AP) (NY Times) (Deutsche Welle)
- The discovery of a new dinosaur species, named Aardonyx celestae, in South Africa is announced. (IOL) (AP) (AFP)
- Cambodia rejects a request by Thailand to extradite ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. (Phnom Penh Post) (Thai News Agency) (BBC)
- South Korean troops are put on high alert for possible retaliation after a naval clash with North Korea yesterday. (Al Jazeera) (AP)
- Local government offices in southern Nepal shut in protest after a senior local official is slapped by Deputy Agriculture Minister Karima Begam. (BBC) (Telegraph Nepal) (IOL)
- For the first time since World War I, the leaders of Germany and France appear together at a ceremony on Remembrance Day to commemorate the end of the conflict. (MSNBC)
- The classic Yahoo homepage retired today.