Portal:Featured content/Lists/List of Canadian provincial and territorial orders
The provinces of Canada each have an honours system consisting of orders and awards to honour their citizens for actions or deeds that benefited their local community or province. Each province sets their own rules on eligibility and the award criteria and also how each medal is presented. Most of the orders allow for the recipient to wear their orders in public, and most grant the recipients the use of post-nominal letters in their names.
|Name||Ribbon bar||Post-nominal letters||Number of inductees|
|Alberta Order of Excellence||A.O.E.||59|
|Order of British Columbia||O.B.C.||218|
|Order of Manitoba||O.M.||85|
|Order of New Brunswick||O.N.B.||37|
|Order of Newfoundland and Labrador||O.N.L.||35|
- Lieutenant Governor of Alberta. "Members of the Alberta Order of Excellence". Retrieved May 15, 2006.
- Intergovernmental Relations Secretariat of British Columbia. "Recipients of the Order of British Columbia" (PDF). Retrieved May 15, 2006.
- Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba. "Official Register of the Order of Manitoba". Retrieved May 15, 2006.
- Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba. "Twelve People to Receive Order of Manitoba". Retrieved May 15, 2006.
- Government of New Brunswick. "What is the Order of New Brunswick?". Retrieved May 15, 2006.
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador. "Order of Newfoundland and Labrador recipients". Retrieved March 3, 2008.