- October 2009
- Coolidge effect in simultaneous hermaphrodites results: there is no Coolidge effect in Biomphalaria glabrata (pictured).
New gastropod taxa described in 2009:
- November 2009
- (online in 26 October 2009) 11 new species of Everettia from Borneo.
- August 2009
- (24 August) New genus Crikey (family Camaenidae) with only one species, Crikey steveirwini from Australia, named in memory of wildlife expert Steve Irwin.
- (18 August) Pseudunela espiritusanta from Espiritu Santo Island in Vanuatu lives in brackish water while other two species in the same genus are marine.
- (6 August) Echinolittorina placida from the Western Atlantic, and two other subgenera Lineolittorina and Amerolittorina, are assigned to the genus Echinolittorina.
- July 2009
- (29 July) New deep sea gastropods from the Skeneinae, (Turbinidae): Adeuomphalus xerente, Palazzia pankakare; from Chilodontidae: Calliotropis pataxo, Mirachelus urueuauau; from Tornidae: Ponderinella xacriaba and from Aclididae: Aclis kanela.
- (16 July) New species of Onchidorididae from Kamchatka: Adalaria slavi, Adalaria olgae, Onchidoris macropompa and Onchimira cavifera in the new genus Onchimira.
- May 2009
- (8 May) The second microscopic fossil species in the genus Depressizona: Depressizona axiosculpta was described from Tonga. Depressizoninae was upgraded to family level as Depressizonidae.
- April 2009
- March 2009
New gastropod taxa described in 2008:
- Hokkaidoconchidae, common name hokkaidoconchids, an extinct family of deepwater sea snails
- Gulella systemanaturae, which was named in honor of the 250th anniversary of the publication of Linnaeus’ book Systema Naturae