Portal:Indianapolis/Did you know/4
- ...that the Zouave Guards of Indianapolis volunteered to fight before the American Civil War broke out, but their leader Francis A. Shoup (pictured) switched sides and joined the Confederates before the war began?
- ....that attractions at Indianapolis, Indiana's White City Amusement Park included baby incubators and a Mount Vesuvius reenactment?
- ...that the Murat Centre is the only Shrine temple with a French name, and is the largest Shrine temple in North America?
- ...that only eight of the planned 296 miles of the Indiana Central Canal were built, due to Indiana being bankrupted by the Panic of 1837?
- ...that the Indiana Medical History Museum is the oldest surviving pathology laboratory in the U.S.?