Portal:James Bond/Did you know
The Did you know box on the portal chooses one of the following at random when displaying the page. Follow the instructions below for adding or nominating a new fact to the list.
All facts should be nominated first to ensure that we only display our best work on the portal. The procedure for nomination is at the bottom.
1 - 20
- ...that Everything or Nothing is the first Bond game to use the voice of the then current James Bond, Pierce Brosnan? It was also his final performance as Bond before stepping aside in 2004.
- ...that Ian Fleming liked Sean Connery's portrayal so much that he eventually added background of the character in the novels so that his father was Scottish?
- ...that the Ian Fleming titles "The Property of a Lady," "Risico," "The Hildebrand Rarity," and "007 in New York" have never been used as a title for a Bond film?
- ...that Duran Duran was chosen to do the song A View to a Kill after bassist John Taylor (a lifelong Bond fan) approached producer Cubby Broccoli at a party, and somewhat drunkenly asked "When are you going to get someone decent to do one of your theme songs?"
- ...that Casino Royale by Ian Fleming has been adapted 3 times for the screen? The first was a 1954 television episode on Climax!, the second was a 1967 spoof, and the third is the 21st film in the official film series that premiered in London on 14th November 2006?
- ...that since Dr. No, every official James Bond film contains what is known as the "James Bond gun barrel sequence"? All Bond films up to Quantum of Solace begin with the sequence, which introduces agent 007, but the latter film and Skyfall end with it.