Portal:Law of England and Wales/Did you know/6
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From Wikipedia's "Did You Know" archives:
- ... that the case Carlill v. Carbolic Smoke Ball Company established the precedents for UK contract law?
- ... that although the Chancery Amendment Act 1858 was repealed in the United Kingdom, it is still valid in the Republic of Ireland and parts of Canada?
- ... that although the report of the Benson Commission led to the Courts and Legal Services Act 1990, the report and Act disagreed in many ways?
- ... that Henry Swinburne was the first canon law writer to write his works in English?
- ... that in the United Kingdom, the military offence of looting carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment?