Portal:Massachusetts/Did you know/10
- ... that in 2009 two MIT students made a vehicle to take pictures of the Earth from 93,000 feet (28,000 m) for US$148?
- ... at the Atlantic House on Cape Cod during World War I, Pulitzer Prize-winner Eugene O'Neill was arrested at gun point as a spy for the Kaiser?
- ... that in 1656, Thomas Wiswall signed a petition that ultimately led to the founding of the city of Newton, Massachusetts?
- ... that the Winthrop, the last ship of the Massachusetts State Navy, was sold in 1783, not long before the American Revolutionary War ended?
- ... that the painting El Jaleo by John Singer Sargent is installed in a room constructed especially for it at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston?