Portal:Military of the United States/Selected anniversaries/April 29
- 1861 - American Civil War: Maryland's House of Delegates votes not to secede from the Union.
- 1945 - World War II: The German Army in Italy unconditionally surrenders to the Allies.
- 1945 - The Dachau concentration camp is liberated by United States troops.
- 1967 - After refusing induction into the United States Army the day before (citing religious reasons), Muhammad Ali is stripped of his boxing title.
- 1970 - Vietnam War: United States and South Vietnamese forces invade Cambodia to hunt Viet Cong.
- 1975 - Vietnam War: Operation Frequent Wind – The last U.S. citizens begin evacuation from Saigon prior to an expected North Vietnamese takeover. United States involvement in the war comes to an end.