Portal:Military of the United States/Selected anniversaries/October 7
- 1777 - American Revolutionary War: Americans beat the British in the Battle of Second Saratoga and the Battle of Bemis Heights.
- 1780 - American Revolutionary War: Battle of Kings Mountain American Patriot militia defeat Loyalist irregulars led by British colonel Patrick Ferguson in South Carolina.
- 1864 - Battle of Darbytown Road (American Civil War): the Confederate forces' attempt to regain ground that had been lost around Richmond is thwarted.
- 1864 - American Civil War: The Union Navy sloop-of-war Wachusett captures the Confederate raider Florida while in port in Bahia, Brazil.
- 1950 - United States forces cross the 38th parallel.
- 1970 - Richard Nixon announces a new five-point peace proposal to end the Vietnam War.
- 2001 - The U.S. invasion of Afghanistan starts with an air assault and covert operations on the ground.