Portal:Molecular and cellular biology/Selected article candidates
On this page you can suggest articles for display in the "Selected article" box on Portal:Molecular and cellular biology, and discuss them. This should be an easy way for more people to get involved in the molecular and cellular biology portal. Please don't hesitate to join in this portal (anyone can!).
Finding selected article candidates
Look for an article on the English Wikipedia that is related to Molecular or Cellular biology that you think is very good and would be suitable for use as the selected article. This article doesn't necessarily need to be a Wikipedia Featured Article or a Wikipedia Good Article, but these articles are generally preferred for use as the selected article (you can use those links to look them up). For arguments that can be used to suggest nominations, you could be inspired by the Featured Article criteria.
- Click on the "Edit"-button for the "Current nominations" section.
- At the top of this page (above the other candidates) create a third-level header with the articles title and a wikilink to it, like this: === [[ARTICLE NAME]] ===
- Below this new line, add your reasons for nominating the article and then sign your nomination with ~~~~.
Supporting and objecting
- If you approve of an article, write "Support" below the reason why this article was nominated, followed by your reasons for supporting it.
- A nomination is considered a vote in support, so nominators don't need to add another vote to their nominations.
- If you oppose a nomination, write "Oppose" below the list of supports, followed by the reasons for your objection. Where possible, objections should provide a specific rationale that can be addressed.
- To withdraw an objection, strike it out (with <s>...</s>) rather than removing it.
As articles are selected, their discussions will be moved to this page archive.
Support- Chemotaxis is one of the most essential cell physiological responses. Its significance is underlined not only in cell biology. Data gained on study of molecular phylogeny proved that chemotactic signalling possessed pioneer role as a selector, molecules available for ligands (hormones) were selected by chemotaxis at very early stage of evolution. Investigations of biochemistry of chemotaxis described the first complete signalling pathway from receptor ligand interaction to the effector system (see bacterial chemotaxis). Kohlasz 22:36, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
Support- A large and extremely area of biology, also all microbiology could come under the heading cellular biology - nomination by user at IP: 188.8.131.52 (moved by GAThrawn22)
- Nominate and Support - What would the world be like without enzymes? Pretty boring I tell you. There'd probably be no life - (ribozymes can only do so much) Among one of our featured articles - the enzyme article is a must for showcasing. GAThrawn22 01:47, 27 September 2006 (UTC)