Portal:Molecular and cellular biology/Selected picture/Selected picture candidates
On this page you can suggest articles for display in the "Selected article" box on Portal:Molecular and cellular biology, and discuss them. This should be an easy way for more people to get involved in the molecular and cell biology portal. Please don't hesitate to join in this portal (anyone can!).
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Current nominations
Finding good candidates
Look for an image on Wikipedia (or Wikimedia commons) that is related to Molecular or Cellular biology that you think is very good and would be suitable for use as the selected image. This image should be of high quality and resolution, be pleasing to the eye (however, de gustibus non disputandum), and should have a correct copyright tag and photo credit.
How to add your nomination
- Click on the "Edit"-button for the "Current nominations" section.
- At the top of this page (above the other candidates) type (replace FILENAME with the filename that you are nominating): === [[:Image:FILENAME]] ===
- Below this new line, add your reasons for nominating the image and then sign your nomination with ~~~~. If you created this picture, type "self-nomination". You can add a thumbnail of the image to the nomination page by inserting [[Image:FILENAME|thumb|right]].
Supporting and opposing
- If you approve of a picture, write "Support" below the reason why this picture was nominated, followed by your reasons for supporting it.
- A nomination is considered a vote in support, so nominators don't need to add another vote to their nominations.
- If you oppose a nomination, write "Oppose" below the list of supports, followed by the reasons for your objection. Where possible, objections should provide a specific rationale that can be addressed.
- To withdraw an objection, strike it out (with <s>...</s>) rather than removing it.
As images are selected, their discussions will be moved to this page archive.
"Self nomination" Adenosine | Talk 04:59, 3 October 2006 (UTC) | I'm very flattered you guys nominated and voted for my C4 pathway diagram, but this one is the only one I've done recently that I have liked.
"self nomination" Kohlasz 08:15, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose needs an SVG version and why does it have a copyright notice if it has been released under a free license? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:24, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
Found on wikicommons just to get the ball rolling. Good geometry and nice microgram representing the tubular structure of microtubules.
Found on wikicommons just to get the ball rolling. Not a 'wow' picture but the historical significaance is just too good to pass over.
SUPPORT- I agree the historical significance makes it interesting, and it it quite pretty!
Found on wikicommons just to get the ball rolling. A little pixellated but shows a great representation of mitosis.